3. Norwegian Bliss
This was my honeymoon cruise. I booked through NCL and was told I would be given a $50 shore excursion credit. When I got on the ship, I was told I didn't qualify. This put a damper on my honeymoon. It isn't the money, it is the principle of the matter. I was told to expect this perk but then denied it. I even asked if they would pull the tapes to check what I was promised. Guest services said they would be in touch on the ship, I never heard anything there and when I submitted a customer care ticket to NCL, I still haven't gotten a response. It just feels like I was misled. I always thought that Norwegian was supposed to be a higher-class company, but Carnival would have resolved it on the spot. I paid more because I wanted a beautiful honeymoon, but I didn't get what I envisioned. As far as the cruise itself, I read another person's review and I wanted to know what ship they were on...then I read they had Bulgari products and chocolate-dipped strawberries. I realized it had to be the Haven. So, unless you are willing to shell out a large sum of money, you will be treated differently. Here are my observations: Cons: 1. The cabin noise is awful. When we first got in our cabin, I thought we were under the swimming pool, then I figured out it was the toilets flushing that was making the noise. 2. The dining rooms are packed, even with reservations, we had to wait. They try to tempt you to get all your meals in the Garden area, but it is packed too and the food is subpar. Meat always overcooked and vegetables mushy. 3. Activities, when they are being held are always packed. Plan early or you won't get into anything. Luckily, I booked the shows before we got on board or we'd have missed out. We never were able to try out the racetrack. 4. As mentioned earlier, if you are in the Haven, you have additional perks. But I really expected them to do something for our honeymoon. We were given a card to take to the dining room, but we received nothing special. I was a little shocked. 5. The people on the ship really act like they don't want to be there. They look stressed as if they did something wrong, they were going to be fired. Made me feel like I was supporting a slave environment. 6. Photos - there just weren't a lot of opportunities for photos. 7. If you want premium food, you have to pay for it. At least Carnival puts lobster tail on the regular menu once during the cruise! 8. The ship's size is awful. The problem is just there are too many people on board and not enough resources put in place to deal with them. The Atrium was always packed. They pulled out aluminum chairs for people to sit on. Docking was awful. Packed elevators and long lines. When we got to BC there was a line that wrapped around the ship. We were late getting there and people who had excursions booked were anxious to get off. I still can't believe they put us in port at 8:00 at night for a three-hour docking. Just ridiculous. So, was it all bad, no, there were some good parts. So let's look at the Pros: 1. The ship itself is beautiful and elegantly done. The Observation Lounge is a treasure and should be enjoyed. 2. The views from the Garden Eatery tables are better than the ones in the dining room. 3. The shows were very good. Jersey Boys was great and so was Six. 4. You don't have the constant pressure to drink on the ship. No one will approach you trying to push the alcohol. 5. The ports were beautiful, (except for BC, we didn't do anything there because of the hour we got there.) Excursions were great. I highly suggest the gardens at Juneau and the train ride through the mountains at Skagway. It's long but has some beautiful sights. Make time to visit Seattle too. Pike's Place is awesome. Lots of great seafood and flowers aplenty!

Not at All what I expected

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by Jeamarc

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Inside Stateroom

Cons:

6. Photos - there just weren't a lot of opportunities for photos.

So, was it all bad, no, there were some good parts. So let's look at the Pros:

3. The shows were very good. Jersey Boys was great and so was Six.

Jeamarc’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Bliss price drops

Inside Stateroom
Cabin ID
Cabins are okay. A little tight on space. You can hear the toilets flushing throughout the day and night.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins