3. Enchantment of the Seas
We just got back from a 5 day cruise on the Enchantment. It was my husband and I with our 2 kids (9 and 11). We had an overall fun trip. We have cruised a lot in the past but this was our first time with RC. The ship had great customer service. It was clean and well maintained. The buffet was very overcrowded, My kids got run over, we had trouble getting to the food and finding a table. The buffet food was average with little variety. The main dining food was outstanding with a large variety. We had the best waiters we have ever had on a cruise before (Sanjay and Miroslav, table 79). We booked the Galley tour at a discount after boarding. The tour was fun and the bottomless mimosas were nice. The theater shows were entertaining and kids really enjoyed. We usually love going to art auctions but skipped the one on this ship. The auction was kicked out of their normal room and moved to narrow spot by a major walkway with limited seating. The casino was tiny and I have never lost my money quicker. My kids loved the rock climbing/trampoline and there was never a line. They also liked the kids club. Just be aware, the kids club filled up and I did see them turning away kids multiple times. The ship had 3 pools of which we were hardly able to use. The adults only pool was in a very hot enclosed area. The main pool was either too crowded or used for pool games. The kids pool was closed and drained often bc babies kept pooping in it. Our room was 8089, an upgraded ocean view with floor to ceiling windows. It was centrally located close to everything. Our Steward did a great job keeping the room clean and restocked with plush/soft/clean towels. The cabin felt spacious for a cruise ship. The main queen bed was 2 mismatched mattresses pushed together and my husband kept rolling into the middle crack. A sewage smell was coming from the bath floor drains the entire trip. Our bedding smelled like sewage. We complained and they quickly changed out the bedding. The manager came to apologize. The room was noisy. We had noise from the pool deck above, music blasting from the centrum at all hours, and a crying baby next door. We loved Costa Maya. We exited the port through a pastry shop and took a taxi to the Crazy Lobster. The beach was not crowded and the food was good with cheap Coronas. We were able to snorkle and saw lots of fish in their enclosed swimming area. No seaweed in the water. The area around Crazy Lobster had the best prices on Souviners. We went to Mr Sanchos in Cozumel for the 2nd time. The beach and water were beautiful. We were also able to snorkle here with fish in the water. The grilled shrimp was great but took 45 minutes to get. It took several hours to get my guacamole order. The mixed drinks contained no alcohol and were too sweet. We stuck with drinking beer. The boarding was awful. We picked a boarding time of 10:30 when registering many months ago. We showed up at 10:30 but didn't get on until 1 PM. They held us in a large room for several hours. The gold, plat, emerald members were all called before us. The deboarding was also unpleasant. We were in a long line that wrapped around the whole ship. The line finally ended with us having to drag our luggage down the stairs. We overall had a pleasant family vacation but will not go on this ship again and will most likely not go on Royal Caribbean again.

Fun Family Trip

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by Nugget123456

The theater shows were entertaining and kids really enjoyed.

The casino was tiny and I have never lost my money quicker.

Nugget123456’s Full Rating Summary