3. Carnival Dream
We have cruises on Norwegian and Royal Caribbean several times and thought we would try Carnival this trip. What a mistake, the food was terrible. Very poor quality and very few selections. The Guys Burgers was the best place to eat on the ship. The Blue Iguana was second but neither serve dinner so your stuck with the Lido Buffet or the Dining room which serve basically the same quality food. The staff were not very friendly and just par in my book. No going above and beyond on this cruise. My biggest issue was with the Hygiene on the ship. On both Norwegian and Royal you are greeted at the entrance to the buffet by the “ Happy Happy Washy Washy Staff” giving everyone a dose of sanitizer before hitting the buffet. On this ship there are a few hand sanitizer dispensers and several of the ones I attempted to use were empty. Dishes on the buffet were dirty, and many guests return with their used plates and cups to refill. Our cabin, an oceanview, was unimpressive. Linen was dated, as was the overall appearance of the room. We were impressed with the embarking and disembarking process. It was smooth and timely. We will not be cruising on Carnival Again. Royal Caribbean out of Galveston is a much better experience.

Mediocre Cruise

Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Ldowens4583

Ldowens4583’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Dream price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6A 2461
Just average. There are 2 bathrooms one with a toilet, vanity, and Shower. The second with a vanity and bathtub but no toilet. I found this odd and for us of no use. I would have liked extra space in the room. This configuration might be good for cruisers with kids since there is a bath and a second “get ready” area
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins