MSC Sinfonia Cruise Review

MSC Sinfonia Cruise Review by pennystroud

• Sail Date: Aug 2019
  • Destination: the Eastern Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Suite

American Airlines Cruise recommend this cruise and for that they will never get my business again. I have been on numerous cruises Carnival, Princess, NCL & Celebrity and I would pick any of these any day.

We booked an Aura Suite because we wanted this to be a trip to be first class, but we got 3rdclass besides the private sunning area. We were suppose to get priority embarking and disembarking, we got non of that, they can't even put a bottle of free water in your suite even though we didn't have to pay for it on the boat. There was nothing special that you get paying a lot more.

The food was terrible and the only good meal we had to pay an extra $20 euro for a steak which I have never seen in the regular dinning room and only at a specialty dinning. We stopped going to dinner and eating off the boat and bring on food as much as possible. The buffet was worse and the only thing that was edible was the French fries, pizza was marginal.

The service in the dinning room was great and at the bar and casino, our cabin steward was also great, the customer desk was another thing, long lines and lack of information or help.

Getting on and off the boat was a nightmare, no organization and fights almost broke out due to lack of staff and information on how to get off. They charge for every transport to get off the ship which I had never encountered before. It took so much time to get off the boat at some ports by the time you got off you almost had to get back on.

When I booked it stated 1 day at sea and we wound up with two and shorter times in the ports. Mykonos we pulled in at 8pm and left at 3 AM, what the hell can you see at that time when it takes an hour to get off the boat.

The entertainment if that is what you called it was like high school musical, there was limited in the other areas and at the pool if you didn't want to learn to dance or do aerobics you were out of luck. Their few games they had were horrible and the same stuff everyday. I don't remember anything really happening at the pool at night.

I am sorry but I have been on small and older Carnival ships that outclassed this ship or it amenities.

After spending so much money on a suite and this cruise, I will never cruise this line again even if the other ship are new and great. This cruise nickels and dimes you and gives you nothing.

pennystroud's Full Rating Summary

Suite
Cabin S3 1229

The cabin was like a regular hotel room, the bathroom was bigger then in the balcony and did have a bath tube. The steward was great but not even a towel animal or a bottle of water in the suite unless you paid for it. I could walk out our door and down the steps to the pool and get one free. Not worth paying for the suite.

Venice

Venice is great but this is not really a port unless you go the day before. I do not give this cruise credit for this port. There would be no time to due anything in Venice if you arrived that day.

The excursion and the excursion were exceptional, the problem is you had little time at the beach and then they took you to town and you were lucky if you got 1 hour to get the tram to get down to where the boat was. While standing in line for a long time for the tram I snuck into a store just to buy a shirt.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Beach

The excursion and the excrusion people were great, the problem is there was little time at the beach and then they took you to town where you were luck to have enough time to get to the tram to take down to the bus. There was a long wait for the Tram and I had to just buy a tee shirt in a store while in line because there was not time. You didn't even have time to stop and get something to eat. I blame the curise for this bad time management and long waits to get off the boat.

Dubrovnik

Nice place would love to go back and have more time.

Ancona

I am sorry but it looked like we pulled into the ship yard dock, there was nothing around and when I asked the staff on the cruise what there was to do they said nothing. We were at this port longer then the rest and it was horrible. We stayed on the boat when we found out it was a hour walk to the beach in the hot weather. I didn't see any real transportation looking from my balcony.

Mykonos

There was no time, they docked at 8PM and left at 3AM people who paid for the windmill tour couldn't even see the windmills

pennystroud