3. Silver Muse
A group of 18 friends gathered for an Alaska interior trip followed by the 7 day southbound cruise. The interior part of the trip was an incredible opportunity to see animals up close in a carefully managed national park. As this is a cruise review, i will focus on the ship portion but highly recommend the pre-cruise adventure. Room: We were in veranda room 908, adjoining with 906. The room was incredible - appointed with luxury linens, toiletries, decor etc. as you might expect The size of the room was great considering 3 ladies were sharing the room. The bedding was firm (i prefer plush) and slightly more narrow than a normal twin. The sofa turned into a twin bed and was made each night by the butler. The walk in closet provided plenty of room for our overpacking and offered 6 drawers and a safe. The long counter in the living area had 3 more drawers so everyone had a place to store things, along with a nightstand with drawer and cubby. The bathroom featured a handheld shower as well as rainfall showerhead. We always had hot water and water pressure. The marble bathroom also included a full sized tub, which we did not use. There were shelves in the bathroom above and below the sink. Our butler kept our Bulgari products well supplied. As shower gel was provided, they also had the "scrubby puffs" for best lather. We were able to put 2 large pieces of luggage under each "twin bed" although luggage racks were also kept under the beds. Our room was quiet and we got our exercise since the activities were usually on the opposite end of the ship. When docking, we did feel and hear the engines but it was not something that bothered us. The butler kept us stocked with champagne and kept the refrigerator full. He kept us supplied with water and even distilled water. The clock in the room was marked as having wireless charging but i did not find that to work with the iphone. I brought a small extension cord with multiple outlets for charging our appliances, apple watches, etc. and would recommend the same if you like to charge everything at once Dining: While we did have grilled lobster and caviar, 3 times, in Atlantide, we really did not enjoy the food nor its timing. Dinner hours began at 7 pm. Breakfast was unavailable after 10 am and Lunch stopped at 2 pm or sooner. Since i have cruised major lines over the years, i noted the missing "all day buffet" from other ships. We had to plan around the hours that the food would be available. This was not a deal breaker but is worth noting if you are not a planner. Food taste was nothing noteworthy as i would have expected but i am a foodie. We enjoyed La Terrazza twice for dinner (and many times for buffet breakfast and buffet lunch which was great) , Indochine was one interesting but not to the taste of our large group. Our waiter suggested serving multiple items family style (and we ordered extra short ribs which were incredible) and this was a great way to try the unusual menu. the Arts Cafe served great capuccino and lattes with little snacks all day. Spanicapolo (sp) had delicious pizza and the Grill served hot lava rocks for you to cook your own steak. We tried that one night in the rain and were surprised by how nice it was but the side items were lacking and got cold while you cooked your steak. Service: The ship has mastered service. The ratio of staff to guest was amazing. My wine glass was never empty, cocktails were always offered and service was prompt. We really enjoyed being taken care up so well. Everyone seems to enjoy the job. Spa: i had two services reserved before boarding and learned about a 3 service package on board. I added acupuncture to my massage and facial and got 3 services for $495. The individual facial and massage were $229 each and included the gratuity although i left extra. They tried to sell me something in every service but i was able to resist. This is my least favorite part of the spa experience. There are no showers that i saw but lockers are provided in a small changing room. We had amazing weather until Sitka and actually did not do our excursion and it was too late to cancel. Lots of end of summer bargains in the shops in ports, especially Ketchikan. The group really enjoyed the excursions with lots of adventures in helicopters, with dog mushers and glacier hikes. There was always plenty to do in port. Onboard, we enjoyed the last show - a Queen tribute and played (free) bingo and trivia in Dolce Vita every day at 4pm. We had great service while playing. Overall: this was my 1st luxury cruise of 15 cruises. I would probably not do it again but will look at upgrading to a suite on the major lines for a similar price. The ship was small and never seemed crowded despite the large group we had. I loved the size of this ship and it is one reason to return to Silversea. I was spoiled by the service but the food just did not wow me. I am happy to answer any questions.

Alaska Adventure

ugogirl13’s Full Rating Summary
Get Silversea Silver Muse price drops

Deluxe Verandah Suite
Cabin DV 908
nice cabin with little noise, no noise from above pool level.
Deck 8 Suite Cabins