3. Norwegian Star
We have always talked about going on a cruise. My wife had been on quite a number of cruises and she was excited about going on a Mediterain cruise for the first time. Bookings of flights was not correct until brought to the attention of NCL. At one time our travel agent was told that NCL is a Cruise company and not n airline, which I told my agent that they should not offer air travel with the cruise then. The sailing time was changed and not communicated to anyone of our travel party although other members did get an email or this change. A destination was removed because of the delayed departure which was also not communicated to our group until we boarded although it was known three days in advance. The food seemed to be discounted in flavor and in texture. There are certain things I have seen working in food service before that some restaurants do to cut food costs, and it appeared to me that NCL practiced all of them (Watered down juices and beverages, Kraft singles? Really, Bland flavor). It was like food on a retirement home cruise. One Word NCL: SALT. Ok, two words: SALT and SALT. The staff, the crew, every person on the cruis was friedly and helpful, but that did not make up for the poor quality of logistics and food. What a shame, because everyone I know that has been on a cruise talks about the food more than anything and this was a complete disappointment. Entertainment was ok but not fantastic. The actors and singers worked hard just the shows were not the qualty I expected either.

Great destinations, sucky food, even suckier logistics

Norwegian Star Cruise Review by icemanfrost

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Oceanview Porthole Window

icemanfrost’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Star price drops

Mid-Ship Oceanview Porthole Window
Cabin OF 8606
Were were told we had an ocean view when in fact it was a view of a tender
Deck 4 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins