Celebrity Edge Cruise Review

Celebrity Edge Cruise Review by amp362

• Sail Date: Aug 2019
  • Destination: the Western Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Inside Stateroom

This was my 3rd time cruising, 1st time w/ Celebrity. The 2 previous cruises were both with NCL. My review is mostly based on the fact that the food is HORRIBLE on the Edge. I do not know how they could've dropped the ball so low. The buffet is disgusting & greasy; the food messed with my stomach. They also don't even have a sandwich station in the buffet, I mean COME ON... I don't feel like eating prime rib for lunch.

All of my meals in the main dining rooms were terrible. I ate in Eden (specialty Michelin star chef) , it was so-so. Definitely not Michelin star quality. Raw on 5 (sushi) was TERRIBLE. Worst sushi I've ever had in my life. My only good meal was in Fine Cut (steakhouse) which was quite good and delicious. I also ate in le grand bistro (French) for lunch and that was a better experience. My Microwaved meal on the flight home was better than most of the food on board! ..Seriously!

Aside from the food, the ship is nice... but I don't think it lives up to the hype and publicity its received. NCL's newer ships are just as nice in terms of aesthetics, maybe even nicer than the Edge. I also found the pool area's decor to be tacky. When you see it in person vs in pictures it definitely leaves you flat.

Entertainment was also subpar. The singer in the main atrium was HORRIBLE. I couldn't stand her voice for 1 second. The shows are not theater quality like on NCL. Some are good, but most not so much. The comedian, Kevin Jordan was the best though! Captain Dimitrios was also a great captain, very charismatic-- which I think makes the experience more exciting. The Ports were also great. Cabins are nice and spacious. The service at first was pretty good, but as the cruise progressed I noticed the quality of service decreased.

It's really too bad the ship fell short, I do not think I'll be cruising with Celebrity again, unfortunately.

amp362's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Inside Stateroom
Cabin 09 12185

Cabin was nice. No complaints here.

amp362