3. Golden Princess
I had not sailed on Princess before and not sure I will again. I suggest before selecting a cruise, check the age of the ship and when it was last updated. The Golden Princes was in need of updating and repair. It was older and seemed very sad and dingy, the carpet needed to be replaced through out the ship. In addition, the staff was not very friendly and they charged for everything...even bottled water. I would rather they just bump up the price a few dollars to cover for bottled water and don’t charge. On board the ship the food was not all that good and lacked variety. It felt as though the the crew was tired since this was one of the last cruises this season. Although we only participated in one onboard activity (Bingo), I can't speak to the entertainment on board. The one Bingo session seemed lack luster and tired. The was a large amount of excursions to choose from and we were pleased with the ones we selected. Prior to the cruise, we took the escorted land tour and it was excellent! First class service and the food & tours were really good. Most meals were included as we were given vouchers for the restaurants on site at the lodges. The lodges were not updated as much as I thought they should be but overall there wasn't a problem with the accommodations. Our tour guide went above and beyond to accommodate the variety of people in the tour with diatery needs and/or special requests for accommodations I suggest, to do your homework before spending as much money as I did.

Needs Improvements

Mkguice’s Full Rating Summary
Get Golden Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BE A621
It was a nice size and the bed was very comfortable but it was dated and the bath room needed some attention. Shower curtain was dirty.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins