3. Regal Princess
Six of us decided on this cruise because of the itinerary and dates. We spent some time before cruise in Copenhagen which was a great start to our trip. Everyone we met in Copenhagen was friendly and helpful. We have been on other cruise ships but first time with Princess. We found embarkation to be fabulous because we were able to register in advance through the medallion system. While others stood in lines, we were whisked away quickly and felt very fortunate to begin immediately! Our luggage arrived immediately. Last voyage on Norwegian, my suitcase arrival was very delayed causing us some anxiety that something had happened (It finally arrived safely). Disembarkation was equally smooth. We booked airport transfer and left the ship very early. We were directed to a coach bus and our luggage was waiting for us when we arrived at the airport. We wondered if we would fine Princess a more premium experience. While I thoroughly enjoyed the ship I have enjoyed other ships as well. The decor is a bit more elegant and understated than some ships and less "carnival-esque". This never bothered us so not critically important. We had mixed responses to the medallion system. We found it useful to find cabin mates on the ship, and your door automatically unlocks as you approach your cabin, but other than that, didn't feel it offered anything we needed beyond the old card system. Some guests felt the continuous tracking was an invasion of privacy. The food was usually excellent in all dining areas of the ship. We had no problem finding something everyone enjoyed. If you were unhappy with anything, the staff are eager to make it right! One difference we found was many of the servers were highly professional and very skilled in their roles, what you'd encounter in a better restaurant offering fine dining at home. We booked anytime dining so had many different servers. Everyone was wonderful, but some were truly exceptional. My husband often enjoys the casual style and choice of the buffet. I find it noisy, crowded and cafeteria like and try to avoid this when I can. He enjoyed the quality and variety of the meals. The decor surprised me. I found the light green ceiling and 80's style of decor out of step with the rest of the ship. We appreciated being able to bring 2 bottles of wine on board. This has been discontinued on some cruise lines, so thank you Princess for maintaining this option. We also loved the coffee package and thought it offered great value! The coffee even met with approval from my discerning coffee lover husband! We tend to book our own port excursions so can't comment on those. Entertainment was mixed. Some acts were very good. We would be very happy to take another Princess cruise!

Great couples tour!

Regal Princess Cruise Review by JoMoKe

• Sail Date: August 2019
  • Destination: Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

We tend to book our own port excursions so can't comment on those.

Entertainment was mixed. Some acts were very good.

We would be very happy to take another Princess cruise!
JoMoKe’s Full Rating Summary
Get Regal Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BE C124
Small but worked well for.two of us. We enjoyed the balcony. Loved the complimentary robes. TV was large, worked well and had many features: offered information on ports, ship information and sufficient cable channels.
Closets are open without doors. Guests view your shoes and clutter upon entry. Cabin steward was friendly and efficient.
Marina Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins