3. Star Princess
I had taken a Baltic Sea cruise with Princess last year and loved it so Princess seemed like a natural choice for Alaska this year. Big mistake. The ship, The Star Princess is older but this should not be an excuse to have filthy carpet in a cabin or light switches falling off the wall. They offered to clean or change carpet during our cruise, both of which we declined because of the fumes associated with both choices. Throughout the cruise there were noisy children playing on the balcony next door very early in the morning (before 7 AM). I called Guest Services and was told they would send someone. I don't know if anyone spoke to this family but someone came to my cabin to let me know that situation would be handled. The kids were not controlled by their parents throughout the cruise and it was very unpleasant for us. The food was mediocre, although the meal in the Crown Grill Specialty restaurant was very good. One day during Anytime Dining I bit into a roll not realizing it was most probably a day old because it was hard and a piece of tooth (molar) broke off! The entertainment was good and we enjoyed the Cruise Director who did keep us laughing. Never got to go on the excursion to Tracy Arm. One of the excursion boats broke down so not everyone could go. The excursion team decided to choose passengers to go based on the date that they reserved the excursion. Supposedly those who booked first got to go. We booked the excursion in February 2019. When we realized folks who booked as late as August were going on the excursion we were irate. We were very upset. Excursion staff became very annoyed with us and described the situation as a "minor inconvenience". Everywhere you looked someone was trying to sell you something. Not giving cabin lowest score because the bed was very comfortable.Disembarkation was smooth. Guest Services staff helpful and knowledgeable. Will try another line next time.

Very disappointed

deweiss4’s Full Rating Summary
Get Star Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BA Baja 431
The carpet was filthy, the mirrors dirty, lightswitch falling off wall - very disappointing. I know its an older ship but upkeep should be important to a cruiseline. We were offered the option of having carpet changed during our cruise. We declined as the fumes from carpet/glue may have been bothersome. Why can't Princess change carpet while a cabin is empty? I guess its not their policy to ever have an empty cabin when there is money to be made. Children on balcony next door woke us several mornings before 7 AM. Why can't families traveling with small children be in one area of ship. Although we complained, the situation was not remedied.
Baja Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins