3. Norwegian Bliss
The cabin (balcony stateroom) was roomy, bed was comfortable, tons of storage, clean, beautiful bathroom, and the steward was remarkable. And that just about sums up the pros. This was a humongous, obnoxious ship filled with way WAY too many obnoxious people. It felt like a Cancun spring break for the middle-aged. I saw some really shocking behavior, and the cruise line didn't do anything to prevent it. In fact, some of the bartenders seemed intent on getting their guests as drunk and rowdy as possible. It was really difficult to find a quiet space to view the unbelievably beautiful scenery. The buffet dining room is actually scary. It's loud and pushy and, honestly, you get a little worried about your own safety, especially if you are blocking the pound of bacon someone is eyeballing for their breakfast. The crew doesn't enforce common codes of decency and health. People were sleeping like vagrants on the lounges and couches on the observation deck, even though that isn't permitted. I saw a guy puking into the public sink for pre-meal hand washing and it took me two tries--one with a crew member on duty and a later call to housekeeping--to get someone to promise to disinfect the area. (I didn't trust that enough to use those sinks again!). And forget about them keeping a tranquil atmosphere in spa. [ Do NOT pay for the spa pass. The people are noisy and obnoxious, partying like teenagers, yelling to each other and drinking booze--in glasses--in the therapeutic pools. The incident with the woman bleeding profusely who went back into the pool while the staff let us all continuing using it pushed me over the edge. After some, well, energetic complaining, they did refund my membership.] The food was pretty good, but I did send back several meals, either because the servers didn't understand my order and got it wrong or, on two occasions, because the pasta was undercooked. I'm not much for the theater so I can't comment on any of the shows. I did, however, come to view Deck 6--where the games and weird activities were held--as the 6th ring of hell. Pretty much every time you turn around someone is trying to up-sell you or get you to pay an enormous amount for services. I mean, a massage for $200?? Really? And you can't provide free WiFi? And, the NCL app doesn't work unless you pay for the WiFi ($15/day was the cheapest price I saw. $187 for the week was the highest!). Better prices for excursions can be found online from private companies.

Wow! What a major disappointment

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by LovesFrance

• Sail Date: August 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

And that just about sums up the pros.

LovesFrance’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Bliss price drops

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BD 9252
Clean, roomy, and with LOTS of storage.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins