Marella Celebration Cruise Review

Marella Celebration Cruise Review by Pam14

• Sail Date: Aug 2019
  • Destination: the Eastern Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: undefined

We chose this cruise as a belated honeymoon and it was my husbands birthday on the 30th. Our cabin was just so noisy, vibrations, clanging and banging and something hydraulic kept going off at various times. I felt the ship was tired and it reminded me more of a posh ferry, no charm about it. There are not enough seats in the bars and every night, is pretty much the same as the night before regarding entertainment. I was hoping there might be some dance lessons but it is too small although we were offered a talk on liver drainage. Food was ok although if you are in the lido it was only warm and the meals in the Meridian were bland and boring. Nothing spicy because they want you to pay extra and eat in the Asian restaurant. We did eat at the hot stone and the steak was great, starters and deserts we're not so good. Coffee port is great which is just as well as free coffee is awful. The best meal was the afternoon tea, loved it! The excursions are well organised, but you do not get enough free time, even to stop for a drink when walking in the hot weather. I have to say all the staff are excellent, polite and friendly and ship was kept spotless and ran like clockwork. We weren't sorry to get off and we're pleased we did cruise and stay in Dubrovnik instead of 14 nights cruise. I have rated cabin average because of noise. It was quite spacious with plenty of storage in bathroom.

Pam14's Full Rating Summary