3. Carnival Sunrise
Chose this cruise because it left from NY. Short hour drive from our home state of RI. Prior to leaving for the trip I was concerned due to all the bad reviews. I knew going in what my expectations were and was not going to let other people's experiences ruin my good time. The cruise overall was very good, even better than expected. Embarkation was quick in NY. We were at the port about 15 minutes before our embarkation time and got on the vessel vey quickly. I would guess from the time we arrived to the port to the time we were on the ship was no more than 45 minutes. Due to the pending hurricane forming in the Bahamas they rerouted our port of calls. The captain did a wonderful job of getting us to all the ports just in a different order. Ports of call were nice. Worst part of all of it was the late people getting on when last call was called to board AT EVERY PORT. I mean come people, you have to plan better. My 8 year old and I would sit on our balcony at every port to see the late people running to the ship. We ate 90% of our meals in the restaurants. Breakfast served in the main dining was average. Dinners served there were very good. Not sure why the food reviews were so bad. Had pizza and burgers for lunch most days. Burgers on board from Guy's were VERY good. Tasted like a 5 guys burger. Pizza was passable. Onboard entertainment was good. The shows were excellent, just not enough of them. Piano bar with Eden was awesome. That guy is an excellent performer. One issue was one of the Fun Crew was a young lady from Jamaica. They put her in charge of a lot of the trivia, but she has a really hard time reading. Why would you make her do that job? Most people could not understand what the heck she was saying and then she would get mad when the crowd corrected her. Main dining room service was excellent for dinner every night. Room steward was great as well. Overall great cruise and would sail on the Sunrise again

Hurricane Dorian Cruise - Still a great time

Carnival Sunrise Cruise Review by caddy_daddy

Overall great cruise and would sail on the Sunrise again
caddy_daddy’s Full Rating Summary