3. Diamond Princess
Having booked a 17 night cruise it turned to be a back-to-back 9 night and 8 night - not what my paperwork says! This meant the second half had the same menus and entertainment as the first half. I heard a lot of people complain about this. The ship could do with a freshen up but is quite acceptable. My outside cabin was a good size - no complaints there. The food in the dining room was very good but in the Horizon self service, the food wasn’t hot. A barely warm cooked breakfast isn’t great. The ship company shows lacked the wow factor of other lines but the music round the ship was excellent, especially the violin duo. Service was excellent. The staff work so hard. We didn’t do any ship tours. We had 3 private excursions which seemed to be better than the ship ones and we arrived ahead of the crowds every time. Princess charges for shuttle buses which you’re stuck with as the berth is usually a long way from town. All in all it was a very interesting cruise and we met some great people.

17 night cruise? Hmm

Diamond Princess Cruise Review by bailey59

• Sail Date: August 2019
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview

Service was excellent. The staff work so hard.

All in all it was a very interesting cruise and we met some great people.
bailey59’s Full Rating Summary
Get Diamond Princess price drops

Oceanview
Cabin OC
Good size. Plenty of storage.
Fiesta Deck Outside Cabins