3. Carnival Horizon
Port of Miami would not let passengers board the ship on our sail date. Totally NOT Carnival’s fault. Carnival wants nothing more than their ship sailing the full length of time and packed with passengers. We stayed a total of five nights in Miami at three different hotels. We got in on Friday and expected to sail Sunday. Long story short, we got on the ship on Wednesday. I LOVED the look of this ship! The decor is beautiful and toned down compared to the other Carnival ships we have sailed! I didn’t find the ship confined like others have noted. Also, if you have half a brain, the elevators will not outsmart you. We tried Anytime Dining and I loved it. Will definitely do that from now on. Servers were all wonderful. Food was tasty and we enjoyed the Italian restaurant as well. Only miss in the dining room was Eggs Benedict. The sauce was soooo bad! I would guess there were about 3000 passengers on board. A lot of people decided to go home versus stay in Miami for three nights. FYI—no cruise line will pay for your pre cruise hotel in the event of a hurricane. This was a great example of why we travel with a good sized contingency budget. If you can’t afford to be stuck somewhere for a few days or get home if you miss the boat, don’t go! We loved the water slides and the string quartet was so amazing!! I loved listening to them! As a comparison, we sailed on the Allure of the Seas last November, and we both preferred the Carnival Horizon. The bed on the Horizon was so comfy! Definitely much more manageable in size, and this ship did not feel like a shopping mall. Carnival does attract a “different” crowd, i.e. loud party animals, but a vacation is what you make of it. I try not to judge others, and I know I will have a wonderful time if I go with the flow. I’m personally surprised by the negative reviews here. We are already planning our next cruise on this same ship. We stayed in a spa balcony cabin, and that will now be our go to. Worth the extra $$$! We did a couples massage, but won’t do that again. Almost $400 after gratuities. We did enjoy the nice warm tiles loungers! The spa cabins are in a nice quiet area and are so pretty and calming! Nancy was our room steward. She was the best!

Three hotels and a hurricane

Carnival Horizon Cruise Review by Oregon Cruiser1976

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Cloud 9 Spa Balcony

Oregon Cruiser1976’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Horizon price drops

Cloud 9 Spa Balcony
Cabin 8T 12205
We loved our cabin! Up high and at the front of the ship. Balcony was wonderful and enjoyed having it. Thank you Nancy for making our room feel so nice and clean! We will book this same stateroom next cruise.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins