3. Oosterdam
I chose this itinerary for the Hubbard glacier. My original cruise plans (was planning to sail r/t from Vancouver) got disrupted, so opted for easier Seattle embarkation). I originally booked an aft-facing deck 4 verandah and TA sent an upgrade offer about 2 weeks prior to embarkation for a Neptune, which I took. I had taken a very similar itinerary last year on Eurodam in an oceanview, but really wanted to see Hubbard. Hubbard is astounding. Disenchantment Bay is spectacular. Oosterdam managed to be in the best port docks at every port, which made my mobility issues much easier, thus could expend my energy in town rather than all on simply getting from ship to anywhere. Unlike last year (we chose 8pm dinner seating and only managed to get into MDR once as a result, we did Anytime Dining and ate dinner and breakfast in MDR every day, sitting with new delightful people every meal. Having the flexibility to dine at times that suited that day's activities and our hunger level worked very well for us. Only managed to get to 1 mainstage show (Stages) and it was fine (I don't cruise for shows). Oosterdam is beautifully maintained. Overall, the food was excellent. I did find it a little odd there seemed to be much less salmon featured in MDR and Lido (last year, my favorite lunch was a heaping bowl of salad topped with a perfect salmon filet and I never found that salmon at lunch and the salad bowls were smaller, but that is a small quibble). My only concern going forward is how I am going to manage in less than a Neptune LOL

Lovely, relaxing cruise with spectacular scenery

Oosterdam Cruise Review by operakatz

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Neptune Deluxe Verandah Suite

operakatz’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Oosterdam price drops

Neptune Deluxe Verandah Suite
Cabin SA 7062
Beautiful, spacious cabin in a pretty much perfect location - midship port, right next to Neptune Lounge. Arie and Tu (sp), our cabin stewards were fantastic. We spent a surprising amount of time on the balcony as the weather was not rainy (was forecasted to rain all week) at all and quite balmy for September in Alaska.
Rotterdam Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins