3. Viking Sky
We have cruised 3 times in the past 2 years with Azamara (twice) & Seabourn and have thoroughly enjoyed all the cruises. We prefer smaller ships and we decided to cruise the Baltic with Viking due to the excellent reviews and Which star rating. The Good points The transfer from Copenhagen Airport to the ship was excellent. Viking representatives met us in the baggage hall and escorted us to the awaiting coaches, porters assisted us with the luggage. We were soon on our way to the ship. The check in at the cruise terminal was very quick, the best we have experienced, within minutes we were on the Sky with a glass of fiz in hand and 30 mins later we were in our cabin with all of our luggage. The ship is beautiful, the interior design is exceptional with light wood and relaxing furniture in abundance. The cabin bathrooms are well equipped with an excellent shower and fog free mirror, I know people complain about the lack of cupboard space but we were fine. The cabin attendants were great and were very polite and there were some excellent members of waiting staff. The entertainment was good, the shows, the musicians, we loved the pianist. The food at the buffet was generally good. The disembarkation was painless and well managed. The Bad (or not so good) points The service in the restaurants was at best adequate but more often absolutely dreadful. Wrong orders, painfully slow service and queues to get a table. Table allocation was unfair, the same people seemed to get the best tables. We eventually complained about this and were allocated a window seat on the last night. The food wasn't great and certainly not special. I recall the scallop main course which goes down as the smallest main course I have ever received!!!!! The food & service at Manfredis was no better. The service at the buffet was often erratic with no one taking responsibility for tables. It took forever in bars to order a drink and even longer to get them. I kept asking myself Do They Have Enough Staff ?..... They say they do but our experience indicated otherwise. The TV's in the cabins are slow to respond and have a poor picture. In simple terms the ship is beautiful but the service is awful. I had great expectations about cruising with Viking but I will stick with Azamara & Seabourn and consider Saga, Oceania and Regent.

Lovely ship, shame about the food & service

Viking Sky Cruise Review by laser2000

The Good points

The entertainment was good, the shows, the musicians, we loved the pianist.

The food at the buffet was generally good.

The disembarkation was painless and well managed.

The Bad (or not so good) points

The food & service at Manfredis was no better.

It took forever in bars to order a drink and even longer to get them.

The TV's in the cabins are slow to respond and have a poor picture.

Viking Cruises, Community Team has responded
Thank you taking the time to share your review, laser2000. We’re glad to learn that the thoughtful design and amenities aboard Viking Sky left you feeling relaxed, and that your transfer from the airport and check-in onboard went smoothly. Your feedback regarding dining offerings and dinner service is very much appreciated, as these comments allow us to reflect and adjust as a company. Should you wish to share additional details, we welcome you to contact us directly at Tellus@vikingcruises.com. Thank you for traveling with us, and have a nice day.
laser2000’s Full Rating Summary