3. Celebrity Summit
We chose this ship because of the three day port stop in Bermuda. As an added bonus and due to Hurricane Dorian, we got an extra half day. Embarkation was the smoothest I have ever seen on any ship except Crystal. When our room was ready, the luggage was already waiting for us in the hallway. Well done. I really liked the ship and the public spaces. It never felt crowded, even at the buffet on the first day when we boarded. The food in the main dining room was delicious, and the service excellent. I also loved the sushi bar and Tuscan Grille. It was well worth the upcharge for Tuscan Grille. However, the three in our party had major issues with Qsine. The menu was weird, the service unusual, and they pushed and pushed food on us to the point that it was annoying. We don't like to waste food and kept politely declining additional dishes, but they didn't take no for an answer. I wouldn't bother ever returning to Qsine. The entertainment was hit or miss. The Beatles act was decent, I would say. The comedian was in the middle. We didn't attend any of the other headliner shows. The live music in the lounges was generally atrocious. While the musicians were okay, the singers could not sing at all. I found it difficult to listen to. The DJ'ed events were good, especially the silent disco, which was possibly the most fun we had on the ship. Loved the spa and fitness facilities. Had a salt scrub and also took a spin class. I wouldn't bother booking a room to get use of the Persian Garden- it was nothing to write home about. As for Bermuda, I would never have anything negative to say about it. We love this island and have been here five or six times. The only drawback is docking at King's wharf and having to wait for the ferry in the blazing sun. Not my favorite thing. I noticed that the Celebrity survey had no space for negative comments/room for improvement. So other than the ones noted above, I would like to state that I thought the photographers were beyond obnoxious. They wouldn't take no for an answer and at one point asked us if perhaps we "didn't like each other" and that was why we didn't want photos. On the fourth day we were talked into a "free" photo session in a private room the next evening. We were told to return the following night to view the proofs, which we did. Imagine our surprise when we found out that a) the pictures were in black and white and b) the lowest package price for five 8 X 10 images was $550! The purchase of all the images from the session would have set us back $2500! Yes, you read that right. So as we had declined all the other pictures, we left the ship with exactly zero pictures taken by the ship's photographers, and were extremely disappointed and even angered by this bait and switch technique. Not sure I would sail Celebrity again for this reason alone. I'm going to have to reflect on it more. We had a family veranda cabin, which I have reviewed below. I also want to comment on what a nice job they did of keeping the pool/solarium ladies' room clean. A woman was in there almost 24/7, constantly tidying up. In the evening, they moved the attendants up to the restrooms by the dining area. They did a great job.

Good ship for Bermuda cruise

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by sheldondusty

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Family Ocean View with Balcony

We had a family veranda cabin, which I have reviewed below.

sheldondusty’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Summit price drops

Family Ocean View with Balcony
Cabin FV 9199
We were sailing with our 27 year old daughter, and so we booked the last available Family Veranda so that she could partition off her bed area and have her own space. There were many things to love about this cabin, particularly the extra large balcony, which we used extensively. The aft balcony also provided us with an exceptional view into Hamilton Harbor. Drawer and closet space was a bit short. We made it work for three of us, but another adult would have been a very tight squeeze. The redesigned room was somewhat strange. There was a bunch of dead space by the door which could have been used at least for hanging space, but there were no hooks there. Nor were there any in the bathroom. The only place to hang wet towels, bathrobes, etc was on the towel rack. There was of course the clothesline in the shower, but with three of us we loaded that up quickly. There were only two outlets in the room and none of them by a mirror, so we had to schedule our hair drying so we wouldn't be both doing it at the same time. There was, however, no noise from scraping of chairs in the Sunset Bar (directly above us) as I had feared, until the last day as we prepared to dock. The bed was decently comfortable if a bit on the firm side. Last comment- this was the dirtiest cruise ship cabin I have ever stayed in. It was clear that the steward hadn't cleaned any of the mirrors. However after we asked him upon boarding, he did do so. The glass partition wall appeared as if it had never been cleaned since the renovation in May. The veranda deck was filthy. I have never been in a veranda cabin where they didn't wash the verandas down on boarding day-this was clearly not done. And furthermore, when the steward cleaned he apparently didn't move anything. There were various little trays in the bathroom and for the glasses on the desk. None of these had been moved- we found a pill under the one on the desk, some hairs under the bathroom vanity mat and some papers and pieces of candy behind the wastebasket. I don't know if this was just our steward or an issue that everyone had.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Snorkeling
    We took the Bermuda shipwreck and snorkel tour on the last day (boat was called Coral Princess) It was really enjoyable! It should be noted that you cruise out 3.5 miles to about 35-40 feet of water to snorkel two shipwrecks which were about 70 feet apart. I had no idea the water would be this deep or I probably wouldn't have done it. However, once I got past my initial 5 minutes of trepidation in the water, it was fun! There were mandatory floatation devices which we had to use. The water was clear and visibility great. We had about an hour to snorkel and/or swim off the ship, followed by rum swizzles and soft drinks. My daughter and I both got a few mouthfuls of salt water and felt nauseous for a bit when we got out, but a rum swizzle set our stomachs right. Note: there are two good bathrooms on the tour boat, and all the masks/snorkels are sanitized after each use. Highly recommend.
    View All 103 Snorkeling Reviews