3. Allure of the Seas
This was one of the sails that was shorten due to hurricane Dorian. We were bummed but we completely understood it had to be done for everyone's safety. After much discussion my husband and I decided not to cancel our trip and let me tell you, I am very glad we saw it through. Though we couldn’t go to Haiti or Jamaica, Cozumel, Mexico was still an outstanding experience! We did two excursions: one was a semi-sub where we saw various fish including barracudas and rays and the another was the Jose’ Cuervo Experience where we learned proper tequila tasting techniques and how to make margaritas. We probably spent way too much money there but it was fun and worth it. As far as the ship, there was plenty to do and places to go, like the pools, hot tubs, indoor park, casino, etc. There were also amazing shows like Ocean Aria and Blue Planet! I loved eating at the Windjammer and we even took our food up to our ocean-view balcony one morning. The main dining places were great too with an array of choices and unlimited supply. The waiting staff couldn’t have been better. They all were so personable and remembered our names after only one day. We requested the same seating area the rest of the nights because of it. Same with room cleaning and the bartenders. Outstanding service! This brings me to my one complaint. During dinner for the first three nights they had taken several photos of me and my husband. The photographers worked very quickly so every time we had tried to ask how to get our photos they were already at another table. “Oh well,” we thought. Maybe some photo previews or at least a flyer on how to purchase them will be sent to our room, we had reasoned. On our last night we had planned to ask before they took our photos again, only there were no photographers there that time. Hindsight, we should have gone to guest services but foolishly we assumed at that point that we would get an email about the photos. We’ve now come to find out that there is no way to purchase photos post cruise which is extremely disappointing considering we were celebrating five years married. We accept some fault but it would have been nice and less confusing to have been notified how to purchase our photos by one of the photographers. This is only our second cruise and our first was with Carnival. We didn’t like Carnival nearly as much as RC but at least they had no problem informing us during dinner how to purchase our photos. Overall, this was a great cruise and due to the graciousness of the company, we now have extra money saved from our remaining three days that were canceled as well as some credit towards a future cruise. Allure of the Seas is definitely a ship I would consider again.

Shorten Cruise Was Well Worth It!

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Ajayfray

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

Ajayfray’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 3D 1123
Clean and spacious. Shower water was nice and hot.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins