3. Norwegian Joy
I was not impressed with Norwegian. People dog out Carnival and act like it's the ghetto cruise line or something, but I saw nothing special about Norwegian either. Let me state here first, if you have ANY concern or complaint at all, expect a CHEAP bottle of wine and a few chocolate covered strawberries to be delivered to your room that day. Like that resolves the issue!!! I mean at least send some good wine!! Why would I drink cheap, nasty wine when I can go to the bar and get my own wine! This happened when we were not able to get into our room on embankment day(see below if you so desire) and also when I had to send my omelet back to the kitchen THREE times because each time there was meat in it when I specifically said no meat. I even read all the ingredients I wanted in it so that they made sure not to put meat in it. Our server had a nasty attitude about it and when I spoke to the dining room supervisor about it, she apologized and the next thing I know, at like 11AM, there is a knock at the door with a staff member delivering that cheap wine and strawberries. The next morning in the dining room, that server was actually in the corner with another server rolling his eyes at us. How unprofessional is that!!! When we first got on the ship, our room key would not work at all on the door. Room stewardess told us to go to guest services, which is the place you do NOT want to be on embarkment day or second day of a cruise. We stood there for an hour, with our carry-on luggage, only to be told that there was another line down the hall for reissuing room keys....that would have been nice to know before hand! Get new room keys, still do not work. Room stewardess told us to go BACK to guest services. I told her no, how about she calls someone to come figure out what is wrong with the door. Turns out the lock was faulty and security had to replace the whole thing, they took our keys with them and told us they had to reprogram them again, so we did not have our room keys. Two hours wasted! Go to the buffet FINALLY to try to get a bite to eat since we haven't eaten since 8AM that morning before getting on the plane and were rudely rushed and ushered out by staff so we would make the muster drill. Told that person at the muster station about our keys and he acted like we snuck on the ship or something. Then they send an email to us telling us we were not at the drill!! Since we didn't have our keys to scan, we were not counted, but we told the person there we were present and he marked us down, but we were still told to go again. Did we go? NO! OMG, DO NOT have a cabin across from the door the crew goes in and out of. The first night we kept hearing this door SLAM!! We thought it was the neighbors or the people upstairs or something. NO!! It was that darn heavy, steal crew door across the hall from us. I watched it and what it does it closes slowly at first, and then the last 6 inches, it SLAMS shut. ALL day and ALL night!!! So much for sleep and relaxation. Since they decided to overbook, there was no way to move to another room. When you have a bunch of people trapped in one area, there is bound to be some head butting, that I expected, but people on this cruise were rude as heck!! For some reason, the elevators were my area of annoyance. You can be waiting on an elevator to come and when it does, here come all these people bum-rushing onto that that weren't even there before and you are left waiting on another one. And, people don't know how to let you off before they get on. There was this one woman that had the audacity to have 10 kids with her getting on when we were attempting to get off. I politely excused my mom and myself and asked her to please let us off and she yelled in my face "NO!! YOU CAN'T GET OFF!!!!".....this woman ought to be lucky I have self control and we were on a cruise ship because you don't just go yelling in people's faces like that so she lucky she didn't get dusted. I would sail on this ship again if there was a really good promotion or something. For the price we paid, I feel ripped off!

Noise all night, Staff mediocre, rudest passengers, cheap wine to shut you up

Norwegian Joy Cruise Review by SiobhanDW

• Sail Date: August 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

SiobhanDW’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Joy price drops

Balcony
Cabin BF 11336
No bad, unless you get an upgrades suite, it's about the same size as any other cruise. Bathroom had plenty of room.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins