3. Viking Jupiter
We chose this cruise because of the reputation of Viking cruise line and the itinerary. The Jupiter is a magnificent new ship, with soothing, understated, but beautiful Scandinavian decor. I actually liked the lack of "glitzy" finishes. My favourite part of the ship was the Winter Garden, where tea is served every day at 4 p.m. I am not someone who goes to tea, but I chose to sit in there to read because of how beautiful this space is. We had a verandah stateroom on the 8th deck and it was beautifully and thoughtfully appointed. Our stateroom attendant, Precious was so conscientious and kept our stateroom immaculate. The food on the ship is good and sometimes excellent. We opted for the beverage package and were glad we did because we didn't think the wines offered with the basic cruise fare looked very appealing. The service from many of the restaurant staff was excellent overall, but we did experience inattentive service from time to time. While we are not focused generally on entertainment while onboard, we did see a number of the shows and thought they were superb and just the right length. More than anything, I was impressed with how efficiently the ship's crew dealt with everything from the mandatory emergency drill to getting everyone off and on the ship to and from excursions. I loved how the emphasis, stated at the beginning of the cruise, was not to be intrusive and, therefore, to limit announcements which reach the staterooms to those which are critical. We have been on another cruise line on which announcements were made constantly which reached the staterooms and it was beyond annoying.

The Most Organized, Seamlessly Run Cruise We've Experienced