3. Avalon Envision
As a former travel agent, I have done extensive research and constant certification in many cruise lines and land travel suppliers. Avalon has been at the top of my list for some time. Although it is not the highest end in luxury, it was every bit a luxury experience for my husband and myself. First let me tell you that the staff could not have been more attentive and knowledgeable. They were always at hand to help with any needs or wants. Our Cruise Director was heads above others and she was fun, informative and invested in the experience she gives all clients on board her ship as well as when we were on land. The ship was very well appointed and was comfortable no matter where you were on board. The main lounge had lots of seating and the floor to ceiling windows allowed us to always see where we were while still enjoying lectures, or entertainment. There were a number of areas for gathering and all were clean and comfortable. Always stocked with snacks and coffee and tea bars. Access was easy to all areas. The upper deck was great for relaxing and watching the scenery go by. And we had a great cookout up on the deck. Very fun for all! Our cabin was roomy with great storage in the closet and under the bed. The bathroom was bright and easy to maneuver with the two of us. Now it is not what I would call oversized but my husband and I found it to be comfortable. We had a small sofa with a round table and a comfortable chair. There was also a desk and chair giving us good counter space. The bed was amazing!! Was king size and the most comfortable bed that I have ever slept in. I have trouble with my hips especially after extensive walking during the day, and I never had pain at all in the bed. The floor to ceiling panorama windows were fabulous for viewing although we did not spend a great deal of time in our cabin as there were so many fun people to meet. The dining experience was great! The food and selections were fantastic. The main dining room was inviting and clean and easy to find a table. Breakfast and lunch were buffet style and were loaded with options and great selections. Dinner was a four course meal but you did not have to select all four courses. Was great that you could make your selections. My husband is very much a foodie and he loved each new meal even more than the last. I tend to be a bit picky but found many options and loved everything that I dined on. In the Panorama Lounge, at the same time that meals were served in the dining room, there was always light selections that were every bit as delicious as what was being served in the dining room. Afternoon tea was delightful and always had a wide selection of finger sandwiches, fruit and yummy desserts. In the rear lounge, there was always coffee, tee and a selection of cookies and desserts of the day. The entertainment was exceptional on board the ship. In the evening, there was a piano player that had a great variety of music. He was talented and able to supplement his piano playing with background instrumentation that was recorded. He kept us dancing every night! He also played during lunch and tea time in the Panorama Lounge daily. We had several entertainment opportunities from people brought on board for our pleasure. Several lectures that were informative and fun (especially the beer tasting). We had a Cabaret singer that not only had a powerful singing voice but was hilarious in-between songs. We had two gentlemen come in that were top musicians and each played about 30 different instruments. They were phenomenal and also had a good comedy routine in-between entertaining us with their musical prowess. The shore excursions were great. Informative and historical combined to keep us interested and the locations were amazing. We saw and experienced so much with each excursion. There were excursions included everyday and we also did some that we added on. Each one was different than the next but kept us interested and amazed. Avalon did a great job with each one and we were taken in very comfortable and clean motor coaches to each destination. We were given audio instruments that allowed our guide to speak to us giving us the history and interesting information about the sites we were visiting. Overall we were very happy with the choices that were made. The only enrichment activity that I would have liked would be cooking with the chef or some type of cooking lecture. I have relived all of our experiences everyday since we returned home through the thousand pictures that we took. I look forward to the next river cruise and it will definitely be on Avalon - they did not disappoint in any way!

Relaxing, Energizing, Great Service and Food and fun excursions

Pnichols’s Full Rating Summary
Get Avalon Envision price drops

Panorama Suite with French Balcony
Cabin B 326
See above! Cabin was fantastic!
Sapphire Deck Suite Cabins