3. Ruby Princess
Chose this cruise to Alaska based on a recommendation from friends. It was so good the first time they cruised last year, they wanted to go again! After reading all the reviews here, I was concerned. But rest easy, this was a truly marvelous experience. I am not easily impressed, but Princess really sucks you into the experience! Room attendant, "Carl" remembered and used our names on day 2! Room was clean, bed comfy, bathroom as advertised. Enough space for a week for 2 in a room with a view (partially obstructed), nice t.v. with tons of relevant programming....and movies! Great pillows, comfy beds and linens. Lots to see on the ship and lots to do. I went to 3 trivia games! I missed the sled dog puppies, and was amused by the art auctions and bingo games. SO. MUCH. FOOD. Casual snacks, salads, sammies, and sweets (SF options too!). Dinner at the same time, same table, same server every night or casual dining, pick your time, smorgasbord of servers! And then, the buffet. Ooooo. The buffet!!! Ports were lovely. Every last one. Rented a car in Juneau to see Mendenhall Glacier. Fun! Friend in Skagway drove us around the City and then we took the Red Onion GoodTimes Girls walking tour of the City, by the gracious Daisey May Doya. Ketchikan is steeped in history... past the gift shops. Our only excursion was the Lumberjack Show. Very entertaining and fun. This beautiful city needed a little further exploration. Vancouver B.C. we didn't disembark. It was a late, short stop, at night. Coffee was very good indeed. I bought a coffee card for floofy coffee, and it was worth it. Didn't buy an alcohol package because I don't drink that much, but I did buy some drinks. Price includes tip but prices are the same as bars here in Oregon! However, the pours were different at each bar for the same drink. Ship had, luckily, smooth seas. Hot tubs and pools in working order and clean. But they close at 8:30 pm. Pizza, hot dogs, burgers, fries, chili, Cali-toast, street tacos, stromboli, on Deck 15 were.....FABULOUS. Crew always says hello. Ship was kept spit-spot and ship-shape constantly (but unobtrusively). Announcements could be challenging! Shops were great. What's up with Tanzanite??!!!! And, folks complaining about heavy sales pitches, it just didn't happen. Unless you went to a sponsored event. All in all it was a really great time. Glacier Bay and the weather, were awesome. Princess does a great job. So enjoyable. Just, please FIX THE OCEAN CONCIERGE program. You know what I'm talking about!6

Best First Cruise Ever

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by Pgoldie

• Sail Date: August 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview

Vancouver B.C. we didn't disembark. It was a late, short stop, at night.

Announcements could be challenging!

Pgoldie’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Oceanview
Cabin OE E419
Great little cabin. Quiet. Enough storage. Comfy beds and bedding. Small bathroom, but how big do ya need? Great t.v. and programming, teeny fridge, small desk, nightstands.
Window view is great. Lifeboat obstructs looking forward is all.
Emerald Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins