3. Scenic Jade
I had previously (last year) done a cruise with Scenic and was very satisfied. I originally chose this line because they were one of the few who offered a single cabin with a balcony. As it turned out I was lucky enough to upgrade to a double cabin on my first cruise, and a deluxe double cabin on this cruise, which was wonderful. The extra space makes quite a difference - as a single I probably spent more time in my cabin than some couples would. I arrived in Budapest a couple of days prior to the cruise and stayed at the Marriott Hotel, along with a number of other Scenic guests. I had plenty of time to explore the city which remains one of my favourites. There was one hiccup on embarkation day, when my luggage didn't make it from the hotel to the ship. This may have been in part because I had done my own hotel booking and didn't let Scenic do it. (I got a cheaper and I think a lot nicer room than my fellow Scenic guests.) I was on their shuttle, but I received no instructions for the transfer of my luggage, and the hotel clerk apparently didn't understand the process. My cases were finally tracked down by Scenic many hours later, for which I was very grateful. Other than that, embarkation and disembarkation processes were excellent, and all exits and entries on the ship during the cruise were most efficient due to our identity tags. Tip - take a lanyard to avoid having to clip the tag on. They ran out of lanyards on this cruise. The staff were always polite and friendly and couldn't do enough for you. My butler made sure I had my early morning coffee every day. When there was a moth infestation through my open window one evening, he was there in a flash to help me get them out of my cabin. One thing I noticed this time was that the butlers were also on the serving staff in the dining room, which had not noticed on my first cruise. Staff cutbacks?

Perfect for a single traveller!

Scenic Jade Cruise Review by Happy Retiree95

Happy Retiree95’s Full Rating Summary
Get Scenic Jade price drops

The cabins are amazing -- they have thought of everything. Plenty of plug-ins so that I could charge all my devices. They even had adapters, which I greatly appreciated since I had left mine at home!
I had more than enough closet space, but even for a couple there is lots of storage (even in the little bathroom) and the suitcases go easily under the beds, so you don't see them again for the duration of the cruise.
There is even one small load of laundry done per passenger, which I appreciated.