3. MSC Seaside
My wife and I do a couple cruises per year but this was the first for MSC. We took the Seaside August 31, 2019. I was a little hesitant after reading some of the negative comments in other reviews but our experience was great. Would definitely do it again. We usually sail the larger ships of NCL, Royal Caribbean, etc and this ship seemed to be a perfect size. The Seaside is the most elegant ship we have ever been on. It is done in a very contemporary style and was very clean. The Grand Piazza was spectacular with four levels of grandeur including curved stairways with Swarovski crystal stair treads. Amazing. They have also done a fabulous job of utilizing outside space. Both buffet restaurants had lots of outside seating with great views. The buffet food was okay and varied. Most evenings we ate in the main dining room which was beautiful. We had very friendly waiters but again the food was just average compared to other cruise lines. The speciality restaurants were all in one place and very difficult to find.... plus expensive. We did hibachi one night and the bill was over $40 each with no drinks. It was also...just average. It did have a few quirky things... like the main adult pool was small and the whole pool was 6.5 feet deep with no steps so you have to hang onto the side all the time. It was salt water which was really nice but I still couldn’t just float like some other people. It was on the back of the ship and we had great ocean views from our chairs. .. and the lounge chairs had a built in pillow which made them very comfortable. They also have a great kids area with lots of water slides, pools, zip lines, etc. Our room was just a basic balcony cabin and was very beautiful. It had a desk and large sofa. The bed and pillows were very comfortable... the bathroom however was quite small. Our shower was only 24” by 24”. When you book the cruise they give you three different amenity levels. We choose the middle one which added about $150 to the total but it allowed you to choose your cabin. I think it is worth it since some balcony cabins have obstructed views or metal railings instead of glass. And now to my favorite part... the entertainment. I was not expecting very much and was totally pleasantly surprised. There was various entertainment venues around the ship with something going on most of the time but the nightly theater shows were spectacular. They had a different show every night with usually three times to pick from. They were only about an hour long each but was high energy from start to finish. It included large stage props, music, dancing, costumes, magic, comedy, and some unbelievable Cirque type acts. Embarkation and debarkation was also very organized and getting on and off was less than an hour. We are looking forward to cruise the Seaside again or try some of the other MSC ships.

A very elegant ship