3. Viking Star
OK this site wants me to type more so here it goes. My lovely wife of 32 years were considering the world cruise and she said Whoa! Our first experience on an ocean cruise was a tiny ship in Alaska I think it held 60 people. That was an amazing experience and our son was 10 then. Our second was Carnival Cruise the Mexican riviera and it was horrible even with the suite we hated every moment from embarkation to debarkation. We did that cruise for our teenage son to socialize all he did was read LOL. We have done 4 AMAWaterways trips and loved them but those were river cruises. So When it was announced Viking was doing a world cruise the same day I booked ES1 cabin 4000 put a deposit down and happily called my life partner and she said WHAT ARE YOU CRAZY! She pointed out the horrible Carnival Cruise experience and said what the ^%$& are you thinking. I promptly called the best travel agent and she was yea its a long trip but its the best ocean cruise not a Carnival cruise at all. She suggested a 14 day and I went for the 21 and suite 4000. With that said here we go. First the transfer to the hotel (four nite pre cruise) was flawless and tours amazing in a wonderful hotel. Our guide was awesome picture My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Embarkation was smooth as silk. The room; well lets just say like home. Our steward Mohamed and his team made us feel like we were at home and we wanted for nothing. Never waited in a line and never for want of a pool chair or towel or a drink. Our mornings were greeted by Gregory the Viking bartender, he also woks in the Restaurant, Alway a pleasant smile and makes the best coffee on the ship in fact the best I ever had. He always put Mr Dan and Mrs Lisa on the lids with smiley faces. The food was incredible Ellard and Glen always made us feel like we were the only ones in the restaurants. The Kitchen table experience was our favorite shopping with the Chefs in Monaco was Perfect. All tours were amazing and frankly to many to thank we cant think of much to change. What we did not like: The internet is horrible I can fly at 40,000 feet at 680 MPH and get better internet. The TV channels are lacking but movie selection was great. And on departure they had a lousy exchange rate to pay your bill in EUROS and a 3% fee. Were in Europe for gods sake be fair and convenient. Kind of a sucker punch at the end of the cruise. I just put it on my card and got a way better exchange rate and no fees from bank of america. We booked two more ocean voyages with Viking and were looking at that world cruise! :)

Trip of a lifetime

Viking Star Cruise Review by dogmandan1962

dogmandan1962’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Star price drops

Well let's say HUGE! A dining room table a couch and two chairs huge deck with chairs and two lounges perfect walk in closet master bedroom could fit another king bed in it and the bathroom was huge the shower is to die for (some of the trip was in the 100's). It was homey and peaceful never heard a sound above or along side. Being in the front of the ship we did hear clanking when docking but barely (never woke the wife). You can't have the curtains open when at sea unless all the lights are off inside as the bridge is just above two decks and behind as it hurts their night vision.