Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by jwilkerson

• Sail Date: Aug 2019
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony Stateroom

My friend and I needed a last minute vacation that wouldn't require too much planning, so we decided a cruise may be the best option. I had only been on one cruise before on a different cruiseline and I was very impressed! The staff was incredibly friendly and the ship was clean! I didn't feel like I had to wash my hands every second or wear sandals in the shower. One thing I was disappointed in was when I had an accident on the mattress. I had requested a new mattress, but they only changed the sheets. I felt this was unsanitary, but all in all our room was kept clean.

We booked the excursions on ship and the staff was very helpful and even shared their own experiences - loved the recommendations! The food was good and easily accessible - didn't have to wait for tables etc. The entertainment was ok - I wasn't too fond of the rock of ages show, but I also went to the 10pm show and was extremely exhausted. The ports were great and there were plenty of options for excursions! We didn't take an excursion in Belize, and I really wish we had because there wasn't too much to do on the island - I am not one to sunbathe and I didn't want to sit at the swim up bar. I wish there were more shops or free activity offerings at the island.

On the boat, I didn't get a chance to go on the obstacle course, but it was unique and looked fun. I liked the water slides, but was bummed the other two waterslides were out of order.

We ended up disembarking early in Mexico due to the hurricane. I felt this was a good decision on our part and the staff made it very easy to do so! They were helpful and clear on instruction with what we needed to do and where we needed to go. I appreciate your alls organization and the discount for our next cruise - we understand that a hurricane is out of your control and that you all are doing the best you can to keep us safe. It can't be easy rerouting thousands of people! I already have a cruise booked in December, and cannot wait!

jwilkerson's Full Rating Summary

Mid-Ship Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BA 11856

The cabin was kept clean and the size of the room was unexpected. I enjoyed the balcony, closet space and bathroom size. I was upset that they were unable to change my mattress when I had asked them to due to an accident, but overall the cabin was in good shape and clean

Miami

Easy to find the port and fast boarding. We got there early.

Snorkeling

The water was spectacular and the crew were very friendly

View All 345 Snorkeling Reviews
Harvest Caye

Seemed like a resort made into an island - not a lot of culture, more tourist attraction, but very nice pool

Mayan Ruins

Got to see some culture and the excursion wasn't too long so we still got to enjoy the port a little bit

View All 179 Mayan Ruins Reviews
Cozumel

One of my favorite experiences. We ended up renting a jeep and driving around the entire island! I absolutely loved it! It was at our own pace and the island shows a ton of culture and we were able to stop at small beaches and restaurants along the way.

jwilkerson