3. Marco Polo
Our cabin was great, the itinerary was great, and we enjoyed both of these features, sadly the on board catering and management is tatty. The first morning at buffet breakfast, no cups and no glasses for fruit juice. I had to ask three waiters before 5 glasses appeared for about a dozen people! we then got plastic throw away cups! This was repeated throughout the week. I spoke with the restaurant manager who told me he had only 140 coffee mugs on the boat, and that he had cups on order for 2 months! Come on fellers - ordering cups is one page no the web! I looked when I got back and a thousand cups/mugs will cost less than £1000 delivered. Lack of social skills and training in waiting staff is endemic. Waiters push past/though you, if you query anything you often get an aggressive response. English language knowledge is very limited. Food is pretty basic, cooked breakfast in buffet is grim, better in Waldorf. Lunch toook forever to produce, by comparision, our dinner waitress was clearly on a time bind and without our active and repeated pressure we would have had our four courses served and cleared in 45 minutes! Management was conspicuous by its low visibility. All in all a shame, we enjoyed the cruise, but feel that the ship needs a total shake up.

Plastic coffee cups!!!

Marco Polo Cruise Review by john henderson

john henderson’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Cruise & Maritime Voyages Marco Polo price drops

Our cabin was on lowest (Caribic) deck. It was spacious, two portholes and everything worked. Only fault was lack of sound proofing. Next door's activities and conversation (even at sea) clearly audible
  Marco Polo Deck Plans