Our ninth cruise. First with Celebrity. Chosen for itinerary and because we like a new ship.
Overall very enjoyable cruise and would cruise again on ship and with line.
This is what we liked - and didn't.
Overall impression of ship. Really impressive. New. Obviously. Modern and stylish. A clear and consistent design and theme which we liked.
Grand Plaza buzzy. Restaurant decor pleasing. Eden is a really nice (and we found surprisingly quiet) space - a bit under-used if anything. Theatre particularly impressive. State of the art backdrops and staging.
One or two smaller quieter bars wouldn't have gone amiss.
Generally good in both main and speciality restaurants though with possible exception of Eden the SR didn't justify cover charge. Entrees - beef dishes in particular - really very good indeed. Service helpful and attentive. Desserts however lacked imagination throughout cruise... Breakfast buffet good but disappointed by repetitive lunchtime offer (not as good or varied as P and O for example).
Have read some less than positive reviews but we enjoyed it. Varied and catered for all passengers and tastes. Later shows busy but always found a seat. Production shows quite good and production values and staging very good. Guest entertainers were better than on our previous half dozen cruises and a mile ahead of the awful offer on our last NCL cruise.
Pool and Resort Decks.
Busy pool area but always found a sun bed (for the whole family). Sufficient bar service. Rooftop Garden and Sunset Bar great spaces for sailaway and into evening.
We were deck 12 concierge class. Best bathroom yet in cabin of similar grade. Liked spacious cabin and information system easy to use. 'edge' balcony however is a waste of time. Preferred traditional arrangement. A gimmick too far?
And although we got a deal... So more or less free... Not sure the brochure supplement for CC is warranted.
Was the smoothest of any ship we've ever been on. On-boarding took 5 minutes. Yes. 5. Disembarkation smooth. In port whether at pier or tender getting on and off really quick. The ship has its own tenders which double as lifeboats and they're great.
So that was nearly all positive and to be clear we really enjoyed our cruise. But there is room for improvement :
1. Constant upselling of drinks packages for first 2 days. Really annoying. We drink a reasonable amount on holiday but really unless you are on board the ship during the day (we weren't from 9-3 except on sea days) you won't get value from a package. We calculated we SAVED about 500 from NOT buying them. But hey if they're included in a deal, enjoy.
2. Entertainment offer in Eden. Is bizarre. It doesn't work. Vaguely embarrassing.
3. Infinite Balconies. Well I guess it's too late to fix now... But they're pointless.
4. So is the magic carpet... Gimmick.
5. The Cabanas. At around a thousand dollars a day no wonder they're empty. But they use up deck space and obstruct views other passengers would enjoy. I saw about six in use during the whole cruise. And in the afternoon... You could just park yourself in unused ones.. Free. Celebrity... Either re-price or redesign the space?
6. Internet - the packages are simply extortionate.
That's it folks. Notwithstanding above it was a great cruise. And the staff - all of them from cabin steward.. Waiting staff.... Bars... Casino... Really friendly and with a caring attitude.
Good. Well designed. Plenty of storage. Great bathroom and shower. Shame Infinite Balcony is little more than gimmick.
Dont pay too much for CC premium.