• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

gamble2019
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Mar 2019
Cabin:

I had been to Thailand before and really enjoyed the trip. This cruise brought me into contact with several other countries of interest to me. We took the pre cruise in Bali, the hotel was fabulous and the tours very interesting. Since I am not familiar with Hindu and Buddhist religions I was interested in learning more.

Although the trip was outstanding my one complaint is that the 'free' excursions were mostly city bus tours. The more interesting tours had to be paid for. One of the iconic places in Bangkok to see is the Grand Palace, the excursión did not go there. I was disappointed.

I like the Viking cruise because it was not a party boat. I am not a joiner, not fond of the pool or dancing but love to travel comfortably. This fit me well. It is a smaller ship which I really appreciate having been on a couple several thousand passenger cruises during spring break, never again.

Cabin lovely, decent storage room, beds quite comfortable, terrific cabin steward, bathroom huge for a cruise ship. Love having a balcony. Used room service for breakfast most days which I love.

Port Reviews

Jakarta

We took the included tour of Jakarta's highlights. It was great. We had a lovely presentation at City Hall with Javanese dancers and entertainment. We were presented with scarves (ladies) and hats (men). Visiting the large mosque and the gothic cathedral standing almost next to each other was amazing.

2 Helpful Votes