Coral Princess Cruise Review

Coral Princess Cruise Review by ibchick

• Sail Date: Aug 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview Obstructed

This was our first cruise and it was a little disappointing. My expectations were sorely not met.

The embarkation was very confusing. We were not given any direction upon boarding and were handed papers without any explanation. When we asked what we were given the crew stared at us like we were crazy. We had to find our cabin on our own as the crew just pointed to the elevator and said "go up to 8".

Our cabin was not turned from the previous guest. The room had hair that wasn't ours everywhere and dirt on the ground. Our steward tried their best but I don't think they understood what we were trying to convey. We were pleasantly surprised by the size.

Overall the food wasn't what we were expecting. We were expecting interesting food that we couldn't get anywhere else. It was mediocre at best. There was a good selection of vegetarian options. The pizzeria was probably the best. It was also difficult to get drink orders outside of sitting at the bar. The International Cafe was the most consistently good service and food.

The public spaces were nice and the themes were interesting.

The entertainment was not what we were expecting. We were expecting multiple different types of entertainment but there wasn't any. There was one theater show and 2 comics the whole 7 days. Most of the activities were during the day while in port, and in the evening it was just sales pitches or musicians performing in the bars. A lot of the interesting things overlapped and you had to choose what was more important, movie under the stars or the comedian or eating dinner, you couldn't do it all.

Lastly the crew... some that were nice and greeted us every time we walked by but there a lot of rude interactions. Multiple times the front desk where the interaction was aggressive and rude. I called to ask if the coupon book was delivered to our room and the crew member repeatedly told me the book was "redeemed "and that I "needed to look better". When I walked down there the extremely rude staff told me again that the book was redeemed and then proceeded to call and yell at our steward. The front desk forced our steward off his break and come talk to us which cause our interaction with him strained and uncomfortable the rest of the trip. The worst was the Medical staff. They made my mother feel as though she was being punished for being sick due to the food and would not explain anything.

The only saving grace of this cruise was the fabulous weather and scenery.

ibchick's Full Rating Summary

Oceanview Obstructed

Surprised of how large the cabin was but our cabin was still dirty from the previous guest. There was hair all over the bedding and other surfaces. A balcony would have been a better choice for a scenic cruise like this.

Skagway

Easy walking town with a great low cost public transportation.

ibchick