3. Star Princess
We have always gone Cruising to warm water but so many people said how great the Alaska Cruise is. Why? We couldn't walk the deck while out to sea or use the balcony. It's too cold. They didn't serve any local Alaskan dishes onboard. Only Alaskan inspired European dishes that were more European than Alaskan. (even the baked Alaska) We couldn't afford the excursions that cost $$$$ hundreds of dollars more per person than on warm water destinations. There are only two kinds of shops in the towns, jewelry shops and souvenir shops with the same stuff. Didn't get to see any glaciers or wildlife other than salmon in the river at Ketchican. It just was not a value to me. I would rather sit on a warm beach and snorkel in warm water for the money. The only highlight was some of the entertainment. See you on the warm beaches from now on, I learned my lesson.

North to Alaska, Why?

Star Princess Cruise Review by Garynrox

• Sail Date: August 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Interior

We couldn't walk the deck while out to sea or use the balcony. It's too cold.

The only highlight was some of the entertainment.

See you on the warm beaches from now on, I learned my lesson.
Garynrox’s Full Rating Summary
Get Star Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IE 746
Cabin nicely layed out, bed comfortable. TV viewing is the worst of any cruise line. The shows repeat and you could never watch any show from the beginning.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins