3. Viking Gefjon
I chose this cruise because I saw pictures of the castles along the route and it included stops in cities I wanted to visit (ie Vienna, Amsterdam Passau). My sister accompanied me and we chose to add extra time in Amsterdam before the cruise. The welcome at the Amsterdam airport by Viking representatives was truly appreciated as we did not have to spend time figuring out what to do next. The walking tour and visit to the tulip garden was fantastic and we had free time to explore on our own. Once we got on board the ship and shown to our stateroom we explored the ship and relaxed with a drink before dinner. The ship was very clean and bright and our cabin, while small, was well appointed and contained everything we needed. The beds were comfortable and I loved lying on my bed by the open window and just enjoying the sounds of the river. So relaxing. We were served excellent meals by friendly and courteous wait staff. The shore excursions were well organized, interesting and the guides offered great stories about the areas we were visiting. I really can’t say I had a favourite. Due to high water levels on the river we had to abandon the ship at Regensburg and continue by bus. We were kept informed on alternate plans and the accommodation and meals they arranged were second to none. All staff on board the ship were polite, knowledgeable and fun. I loved the cruise and would love to go again.

Relax on the River