3. Caribbean Princess
I wanted to visit Greenland and since the ship was going right out of NYC near where I live, I thought it was an easy choice. I'd gotten an upgrade from obstructed to unobstructed view but they'd forgotten to mention that it was right above the forward gangplank so whenever we got to a port, we were woken very early. :( The ship was well maintained and comfortable. However, I have a number of complaints. 1) The food was only okay (even the specialty restaurant we tried was okay) and I think Princess needs to work on making the food more flavorful and their steaks less tough. 2) The entertainment was good (the last show was excellent) but we had to get to the theater an HOUR plus before the show just to get any seats. It was standing room only for the productions shows and we didn't even see one because of the crowding. They really need to have other things going on during the shows so that more people would have something else to do. 3) The tender situation in Greenland was awful. The two GL ports with tenders had hours long lines to get in and out. We waited 2 hours to get off the ship and about an hour to get back on in one port. The other GL port, Nanortilik, was worse. If you go, get off as soon as the ship docks early in the morning. That being said, Greenland did not disappoint. I was sooooo glad I went. It was gorgeous and the people friendly. 4) Back to the ship. There were NO port talks at all so except for the printout for each port, there was no way to get information as to what to do there. This was completely unacceptable especially since GL had very little info online anyway. 5) And don't even get me started on the excursions. I waited for months for the GL excursions to come up so I could book them but much as I checked, they never appeared on the Princess website. So by the time I got to the ship, everything was booked and there were waiting lists. Since I'd gotten frustrated 5-6 months before the cruise, I did book a trip with Viator in Nuuk on my own and I'm very glad I did because I'd have been very frustrated otherwise. 6) They are starting a new thing with medallions. I really didn't like them and found them creepy (your face came up on the room screen before you got into the room and other places, too - the privacy issues were a problem for me). Also they didn't work if you were ordering drinks since the bar staff had to take down your name and room number anyway. The not complaints The embarkation and disembarkation were very easy. The ship was lovely. The ports were great.

Greenland was amazing, the ship not so much.

Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by archaeologistD

The not complaints

The embarkation and disembarkation were very easy.

The ship was lovely.

The ports were great.
archaeologistD’s Full Rating Summary
Get Caribbean Princess price drops

Oceanview
Cabin OF P301
Cabin was fine except it was right over the front gangway so we were waken up very early in each port.
Plaza Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins