3. Viking Mani
We have a group of 12 friends which had taken the Danube cruise in 2015, and we wanted to have another memorable experience. And, indeed, this cruise was just that. We did the extension in Amsterdam, and that was amazing. So many interesting sights and unique adventures. The accommodation there was convenient, comfortable and beautiful. The Viking-provided walking tour was excellent. The Rhine cruise was a delight from start to finish. The crew were attentive and took care of our every need. They could not have been better. Food was great and the shore excursions with one exception were fabulous. I cannot say enough about how well George, our program director handled everything. In particular, he was so gracious when I got "lost" in Heidelberg and didn't make it back to the coach on time. Fortunately, we were able to communicate by mobile phone, and he held the bus for over twenty minutes, saving me a EU 200 cab ride. I was planning to show my appreciation with a generous gratuity supplement, but I was unclear on the procedure for that, and he was not available as we were rushing to disembark on the last morning in Basel. (Give George my sincere regards and thanks.) The only criticism of the cruise concerns the last excursion, into the Black Forest on June 6. The guide we had was excellent, and the scenery beautiful, but the main event I chose was the so-called coo-coo clock making demo. This in reality was a lengthy stop in a pricey souvenir shop. One of our group had opted for the "forest stroll", but that was so brief as to be unremarkable. I suspect there must be some other activity in the forest that would have made the 4-hour excursion more worthwhile. In summary, we all thoroughly enjoyed the cruise and the Amsterdam stay. It was another wonderful Viking adventure. We all look forward to being with your organization in the near future.

Amsterdam and the Rhine: Nine Glorious Days

Cru4you’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Mani price drops

Veranda Superior
Cabin A don't recal
Cabin was perfectly serviced each day.
Upper Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins