• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

Controller
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Aug 2019
Cabin:

Itinerary was impressive and places that I wanted to visit. I just wanted to do something different - I was very happy with the level of sophistication that the cruise line was able to provide. There were no annoying announcements, photographs, clothing was always comfortable and without "dress up" nights. It was a much needed refreshing change. The countries that we visited all were so friendly and so very different from what I would have expected. Viking staff are remarkable, very attentive pleasant people. There is nothing that we asked for and about that they weren't able to positively tend to and provide. We decided to do an add on at the end of the trip, this was where Viking failed. Check-in was poorly organized with all of us having to check in individually. Most adds have this done for you and all you're doing is picking up a key and being assigned to your room. We were left on our own without much interaction and follow through by Viking. I would have liked to have had more interaction with Viking. It all went well and we learned not to book with Viking again.

Cabin Penthouse Veranda

I would have like the cabin to have been a little larger, but it was very comfortable. To get on your balcony you had a swing door, the smaller cabins had sliding. I didn't care for this and always felt the door was too heavy and would swing shut as I fought with the curtains to pass through the door. All else was great. They heat the bathroom, for us, it was a little to hot and I had it turned off. Others raved about the heated tile, nice option for sure.

Viking cruise is the best. What an experience. There wasnt anything they didnt or couldnt do. I have two river cruises booked in 2021 and, frankly, cant wait to get on those ships.

previous reviewnext review