3. Viking Sun
The Viking Sun is a splendid craft. Everything I expected and more! The ship was pristine, and every detail is attended to regularly by a staff who genuinely cared about the passengers and the ship. From the time I embarked until the time I headed for home, there was never a problem with anything on board. And, the restaurants were all first rate. I want to single out Mikko, my cabin steward, who looked after me every day with a smile and attentiveness to my needs. I celebrated my 75th birthday on board this cruise and was traveling alone. I was a bit nervous about that, but thanks to him and the rest of the staff, I quickly felt comfortable and relaxed. I so enjoyed the on-board amenities such as the spa, the exercise room, the store (where I found some wonderful treasures to bring home) and the entertainment. I took full advantage of the shore excursions and learned something about history every day! Very knowledgeable travel guides! I had booked a pre-cruise stay in London and Viking put me in a hotel that was right in the center of the sights I wanted to see, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, the houses of Parliament, St. James park. All were within walking distance so that made my stay most enjoyable. I feel compelled to share a story of my trip's highlight. During WW1, my grandfather was killed in France. My mother was less than a year old at the time so none of the family really knew him but he was loved and talked about frequently. He was buried in Liverpool and because the family lived in Canada, no one was ever able to visit his grave all these years. When we docked in Liverpool that day it was cold and rainy. I toyed with the idea of visiting the cemetery but wasn't really inclined to spend my morning standing in the rain. However, my new friends all talked me into it so off I went in a taxi. All I knew was the name of the cemetery, nothing else. Once we got there, we couldn't find him and there wasn't anyone in the office as it was early. After walking around for about half an hour soaking wet, I was ready to give up. But then I came upon some workers there. They offered to help and so the taxi driver, me and the workers all spread out and searched. Then I heard a call, "Over Here!" And there it was. Private George Pollock, died in 1918, and laid to rest in Liverpool's Kirkdale cemetery. I was astonished and deeply moved. What's more, as I was standing there thanking him for loving my family, the rain stopped and the sun came out! None of this would have happened if Viking hadn't taken me there, given me the opportunity to meet new encouraging friends, and fueled my resolve. After all, I would never have otherwise visited Liverpool on my own. I will always link Viking to one of the most memorable days of my life.

My Wonderful Memories, thanks to Viking

Viking Sun Cruise Review by vickitex

I will always link Viking to one of the most memorable days of my life.
vickitex’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sun price drops

Clean, spacious, plenty of storage. The bed was extremely comfortable! Bathroom shower had plenty of hot water and good pressure. Enjoyed morning coffee in my robe on the veranda!