Viking Orion Cruise Review

Viking Orion Alaska & Inside Passage Sailing July 15, 2019

Viking Orion Cruise Review by MarionFreels

• Sail Date: Jul 2019
  • Destination: Alaska

We joined my brother Mike Martin, his wife Sherry on this cruise. My brother had wanted to sail the Inside Passage on an Alaskan cruise. My husband and I had cruised to Alaska on two other occasions but enjoyed it so much that we were glad to go again. The embarkation went smoothly. I was glad we didn't have to wait to board ship when we arrived at the dock.

For desembarkation I suggest that passengers be made aware that they can wait onboard until their color group is called

My cabin review is below.

Our dining experience was excellent due to the expertise of the kitchen staff. The consistently provided us delicious meals. The wait staff were always very friendly and attentive to our needs.

We thoroughly enjoyed the Orion Vocalists performances, especially the ABBA Songbook and the Beatles Songbook. We also very much enjoyed the Viking Classical Duo performance of Movie Magic.

We enjoyed our shore excursions especially the Kenai Fjords by boat near Seward, the Columbia Glacier Cruise near Valdez and the Potlach Totem Park near Ketchikan.

MarionFreels's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Deluxe Veranda DV1 7014

The cabin was great. We enjoyed the King size bed, the flat screen TV and all the available programming especially the enrichment lectures. We enjoyed the complimentary snacks. The only problem was we had difficulty getting the shower head to aim at us directly.

The cabin steward gave us a complete run down of everything we needed to know about the room and kept us informed of anything we needed to know. He and his assistant were very thorough keeping our room spotlessly clean and comfortable.

MarionFreels