3. Viking Star
We wanted an anniversary cruise, and had hoped to book one of the cruises Athens to Venice. The problem seemed to be that every thing was already booked. I had spoken with Roland, and then emailed him some choices for 2019. It seemed doubtful. Then a call from Roland that two rooms (4035 and 5051) became available, departing Athens on June 27, putting us in Dubrovnik on our July 1st Anniversary! Not only that but the rooms were on the starboard side, which was exactly what we wanted sailing north. We: my husband, our son, our daughter-in-law and myself arrived in Athens a day early and thoroughly enjoyed it. In the past, we usually traveled by train, but thought it would be too taxing for my husband. After a great deal of research, we found Viking. From the moment we boarded the ship, we were blown away. Everything was more than perfect! My husband had a great deal of special dietary needs; he had an amazing person who looked after him every day, giving him menus a day ahead, checking various items, answering questions, etc. Wonderful! The two individuals (4035 & 5051) who looked after our rooms were amazing, friendly and hard working. We enjoyed talking with them each day as well! The restaurant staff were very helpful and friendly; we hugged them goodbye. Our son, a Meteorologist, enjoyed conversations with the cruise director too! We enjoyed everything! Our son and daughter-in-law loved it as much as we did! The ship was beautiful and never seemed crowded. We had an early morning breakfast on deck going into Kotor. We were on deck with special drinks given out as we arrived in Venice; the views were unbelievable! There were shuttle buses to take us in and out of the cities; some ports were close enough to simply walk. I had read the Durrells of Corfu and thoroughly enjoyed my time in Corfu. We ate in Manfredi’s for our anniversary, complete with a very special anniversary cake. Our cruise: unforgettable!

50th Anniversary Cruise

Viking Star Cruise Review by JohnCarol

JohnCarol’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Star price drops

Cabin 4035 & 5051
The cabin was beautifully kept. The bathroom was great: even night lights controlled from your bed. The balcony was very nice; it was fun to look out at 4:30 AM and see the sun slowly rise over beautiful landscapes. Water pitcher and glasses were always filled. The bed was very comfortable. Our room was cleaned twice each day; it always looked perfect!