3. Viking Sea
We had taken two River Cruises with Viking prior to this Ocean Cruise. We were interested in trying the bigger ship and interested in the Scandinavian region and the Baltic Sea region seemed like a good fit. Norway was stunning and we enjoyed our brief time in Bergen very much. The fjords were breathtaking but passed much too fast. We could and would have liked staying in Norway at least a day or two longer. Luckily, we did stay in Bergen for 3 days prior to our cruise on our own and saw quite a bit. But if we hadn’t done that, the little time in Bergen actually on the cruise would have been disappointing for sure. Copenhagen, Denmark was a very nice day but could have been a bit longer. Germany was my least favorite stop. Now the fact that the temperature was 104 degrees had much to do with that. Going to Berlin and spending 6 hours on the train was not a pleasant experience, then add 6 more hours touring with “drive bys” was truly a disappointment. My husband did the Reichstag tour, quite costly, and a lot of drive bys which was disappointing and difficult to even get a decent picture of anything. Although he did enjoy the Reichstag itself, and even saw Angela Merkel while there. But a very long and tiring day to say the least. It turned out to be a 14 hour day due to a fire off to the side of the train upon the way back to the ship. Could have eliminated that day totally in my opinion and added a half a day in Norway and Denmark and/Estonia each. Never got to Gdnask at all, too windy to get into port. Tallinn was nice. St. Petersburg- the Church of Spilled Blood tour was very good, as well as the canal tour. By then I had a terrible cold and couldn’t make it to the Hermitage Museum which was a total bust. My husband thoroughly enjoyed that tour. Finland was a nice day but didn’t see much. Sweden was nice, but we’ve been there before so our fun time consisted of having lunch with our granddaughter and friends in Stockholm. Tour guides were OK, but didn’t come close to the Rhine or Danube tour guides. And drive by sites were terribly disappointing. Why bother?? Let me off the bus and walk around and learn something and see something for myself. I can at least get a good picture! Fewer ports, and more time in each port would have been a nicer experience. You just felt rushed all the time. Plus we won’t travel during summer months again. Too hot and too many people. The ship was beautiful, but we missed the coziness of the river boat. The food on the river cruises was far better than the ocean cruise. Did not care for the Cafe that much at all. Breakfast consisted of harden and Luke warm food at best. Lunches were better, and dinner were just OK. The specialty restaurants weren’t as good as we were led to expect. The Restaurant dining room was the best spot for having a nice dinner. Had a couple of delicious dinners there. The pool grill was nice for lunches. The cocktail bars were pleasant and the wait staff superb, and entertainment was fun. Enjoyed the lectures. We were amazed by all the staff. Almost everyone knew our names and room number after one day on the ship. Impressive!! And very professional and helpful. With my cold, they even made me hot drinks to soothe my throat. Very nice. Don’t get me wrong, the trip was very nice, but we are leaning to returning to the River Cruises. Although a couple of Ocean cruises do look appealing!! Thank you for asking our opinion.

Homeland Cruise 2019

Viking Sea Cruise Review by Rosejamar

Thank you for asking our opinion.
Rosejamar’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sea price drops

Cabin 4021?
The cabin was very nice, definitely larger than the River Cruise trips we have taken. Our cabin person “Joey” was top notch. He cleaned our room to a fine shine each day, sometimes twice a day. We always had clean linen and towels, and he took very good care of our needs. Wonderful staff person!