3. Viking Var
This was my first trip to Europe. I'm so happy I decided to do the river cruise, to work into my vacation slowly. My husband passed away 6 years ago at the time of my vacation. I needed to get away. I know he would have enjoyed himself. Since this was first trip alone I was concerned about the flights. Working with my travel agent and she with Viking everything was excellent. We were welcomed in Budapest by the Viking representative. From that point on Viking handled our luggage , carry- on and we boarded their beautiful busses. Very comfortable. Arriving at the dock to board the boat, we were welcomed by the crew. The boat was very impressive immaculate! If you needed assistance walking onto the boat the staff was right there. From that point on I knew this was going to a fabulous trip. When we arrived to our cabin, our luggage was already there. I would recommend the French balcony. The cabin was accommodating for 2 people. Great shower's and their bath line is devine.! As far as the dining goes, OMG! So much to choose from. All meal were fabulous but dinner was the greatest You had a choice of 2 types on the menu. Entrée from the country we where in or if you prefer something else, on the menu it was available at no extra cost. Oh I almost forgot this! Wine is served with both lunch and dinner. The staff was amazing. Fore instance the Waite staff, they remembered how I like my mooring coffee. I would sit down for breakfast and my coffee was there just the way I liked it! George was our cruise director. He was outstanding. We were dancing, singing and having a great time. If you wanted to just sit back and relax there are plenty of areas on the boat to do just that. There is a coffee station 24/7, a library, and a consigliere at the front desk at all times. If I remember correctly the general manager, Harry, (?) not sure of his title and his staff kept the ship immaculate. It was great to see how everyone worked together to make our trip a pleasant experience. Departing the boat for our shore excursions were well organized. There were headsets in our cabin that you brought with you to hear the tour guide, telling us the points of interest. Upon return you put the headset back in the charger for the next day. This past April a group of us took the ocean cruise to Greece, the Viking Juniper, beautiful ship. We toured Greece, then up the Adriatic Sea Coast to Croaita then our final stop was in Venice. My birthday happened to fall when I was in Venice. I must say to the Viking Juniper staff, "Thank You." Most memorable!! In August of 2020 I will be taking an ocean cruise to Alaska. Looking forward to that trip. Viking of Course!! Thank You for the wonderul experience of travling. When someone will ask me what cruise ine I would recommend, I will only say "Viking."

One word, Fabulous!!!!

Viking Var Cruise Review by Joyce Britt

• Sail Date: June 2019
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: French Balcony

Thank You for the wonderul experience of travling.

Joyce Britt’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Var price drops

French Balcony
Cabin D 236
Spotless!! Very comfortable. Love the bath products.
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins