3. Viking Sun
We chose the British Isles due to our longtime interest in our ethnic heritage, our love of the literature, and our desire to see with our own eyes the places we’ve been reading about for years. We were delighted with the ship and crew, the added academic and entertainment opportunities and each port. What a thrill watching the docking procedures, entering new cities and towns, discovering special nooks and crannies through the guided tours. An unexpected need due to a wardrobe malfunction was for sewing. There was a tailer on board!! He saved my wardrobe by adjusting the waist bands in two pairs of pants - thus increasing my pant options by 50%. Who knew? Well, our steward Nengah knew. Our steward was such a support and help. I think we will miss him for quite a while. We learned so much and discovered so much. We were living large the whole time and had to pinch ourselves off and on. Plus the dining options were perfect - casual when we were tired, white table cloths when we were leisurely. Beautiful presented and tasty as well, home cooking is suffering in comparison.

Practically Perfect in every aspect

Viking Sun Cruise Review by Madamelibrarian

Madamelibrarian’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sun price drops

The king size bed was extremely comfortable. I loved the couch for getting up early and reading quietly. The hidden makeup mirror and storage area in the desk was so great that I am trying to recreate it here. More hangers would have been good, but we could have requested them if we really wanted them. Otherwise there was plenty of storage space for putting everything away. The bathroom was very spacious with even more storage.