3. Norwegian Epic
First...the Epic is a fantastic boat for all. I felt like it does everything at an A- level. Nothing was A+ which to be honest is just super. Some boats have varying degrees of grades in my perspective but everything was top notch so for a family looking for a lot of different things, I think this boat is just big enough with a lot of different things to do an experience. It felt like a big boat and not busy which was even better. Overall the Haven suite (2 bedroom) is perfect for a family. It is a bit pricy but the experience and to some degree the sanity you get from this is well worth the price. Plus we always had priority on shows, dining locations, etc. made it worthwhile as then we didn't have to wait in long lines at all. The Haven dining room was amazing as well and I felt like a VIP the entire cruise. Also the Haven 2 Bedroom Family room had an amazing Master Bath (best in class) and I was so surprised by it's size (and view!). Rome embarkation was quick and efficient as only 1.2k people boarded. Mid week we docked in Barcelona and that is when 3.3k people came off and on. So the learning is find out which port has the 'lower' embarkation number of people and go that route. Food was excellent in the restaurants and some of the best food I have ever eaten to be honest. The buffet on deck 15 is pretty good, but not memorable. I recommend getting the specialty dining to use at places like Teppanyaki (which was my favorite). The Beverage package for the free drinks was amazing and I just wonder how NCL does it as I have read that is where they make huge margins. Maybe it is built into the price but even then I notice the price on my cruise was lower than what I found for like experiences on Royal or Princess. Entertainment was excellent. Loved the Drag Queen show, Burn the Floor and all the other singers on board. The escape room was a bit hokey but fun for an hour. The circus show was amazing as well but it was a diner show which was plated to start with so didn't get a ton of options to choose a meal (but it was still great). Western Med was a great family cruise and I took advantage of the excursions. The value on the boat is just ok to be honest, and would recommend probably going outside of NCL to book them, but if you want hassle free.....it is not too bad. I would say end to end I give this cruise an A- across the board. It was close to an A in my book, but the boat did show a bit of age at places but it is going through a refurbishing soon.

Great cruise across the board, but Haven experience was a delight

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Vegasfiend

Vegasfiend’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Family Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin M4 16015
Haven 2 Bedroom Family suite is amazing. If you have a family of four it is perfect and the best family suite across all cruise lines. Having a 5 piece master bath, a separate master bedroom, and a separate kids room with bunk beds and their own private bathroom is well worth it!
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins