3. Royal Princess
Thought Princess was the best but I was wrong. Never saw the Captain he elected not to stop in Juneau although there were several ships including the Coral Princess that went into port. No real compensation - this was a bucket list for folks! Poor customer service. Best part was two bartenders they were exceptional. Food choices were boring and seemed the same every night. Crab fest was disappointing mine was cold at times like it was frozen and then cooked. Food needed to be hot and more selections. Needed to reserve seats on buses due to medical - Princess wouldn’t do that I had to get there early and rush to get a seat up front. Never happened with other lines!!! I am a travel professional and took a group of 30 on the cruise and 21 on the land. Princess took us into Kanai Lodge which was engulfed in Smoke to the fact they gave us masks when we arrived. They should have warned us with lung and heart issues and rerouted those days. Poor customer care.

Disappointed

Royal Princess Cruise Review by Pattypie1957

• Sail Date: August 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony

No real compensation - this was a bucket list for folks!

Poor customer service. Best part was two bartenders they were exceptional.

Food needed to be hot and more selections.

Never happened with other lines!!!

They should have warned us with lung and heart issues and rerouted those days.

Poor customer care.
Pattypie1957’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Princess price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin ME
Ok but balcony is small
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

The lodges are worn out and again the staff were not very helpful. Maybe they are all tired since it’s the end of season.

This is my 3 rd time to Alaska and I will never do another group with Princess.

Also be careful make sure your handicapped guests request and verify their needs as Princess lacked empathy and housed a blind handicapped couple on the second floor at several lodges.

Also my luggage was damaged it was obvious they dragged it up the stairs in Denali. Not easy to get compensated for the damage.
Very disappointed in Princess Land and Sea!