MSC Sinfonia Cruise Review

MSC Sinfonia Cruise Review by Princess1ct

• Sail Date: Aug 2019
  • Destination: the Eastern Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview Stateroom

We have travelled with MSC many times and have always been satisfied, however, when the service model changed recently it seems so has our opinion. The embarkation process was a complete joke, keeping people outside the terminal for hours in the blazing sun pushing heavy suitcases. From then on it went one way, down! As we had no choice but to pay the service charge we expected the service to be questionable and I am afraid we were right. I found some of the crew to be rude even though I am a gold member.. not that I expect preferential treatment but I do expect to be teated with respect.. This I have to say was not the case as the guy who serviced (ha ha) our cabin went into the wardrobe and moved my clothes. This absolutely was a no go for me so once again I complained. The Manhattan bar on deck 5 constantly served us corked wine with the waiters not sure what that meant, they clearly had not been trained before being placed behind the bar. Filthy tables in the buffet restaurant, food on the floor and old food piled high in the terrace area added to our disgust. The food in the evening was not great, served cold and beef not appearing on many occasions. The waiting time to embark and disembark was so bad and a constant battle that on the last day a fight broke out on deck 5. I have to say I was surprised it had not happened sooner. It was quiet frightening and we were pleased to finally get off the Sinfonia. Would we travel with this company again-absolutes not. This was my 19th cruise, the worst by far and was certainly not to be repeated.

Princess1ct's Full Rating Summary

Oceanview Stateroom

Shabby cabin with a broken drawer. Bedding not changed in one week. No tissues and no bin liner. Dirty TV and shelves. Needed a good clean which I did myself.. Couldn't stand it any longer. No toiletries other than the soap and shampoo. Dusty under the bed and dirty windows.

Princess1ct