3. Star Princess
I went on the cruise with my parents to celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary. We flew into Seattle the day before and went to the Chihuly museum at dusk which was wonderful. The day of the crusie we explored Pike place market which was fun. We ubered to the port and embarkation was smooth. People directed us through the process, and everyone was friendly and helpful. We boarded the ship and went to our lovely mini suite. The room was large and had a balcony where we spent a lot of time watching the scenery. The room showed some age as the couch was frayed and the chair had a stain, but honestly not worth complaining about. Our steward was Melvin who kept the room clean and was friendly. The ship was beautiful and it never felt crowded as there was always a place to find solace. As a first timer, I was amazed by how many activities there are on the ship. If you can't find something to do then not sure what I can say. Our captain had a wonderful sense of humor and Gary the cruise director is top notch. We did the anytime dining which was easy and we never had to wait. The only reason we ever waited was to get into our favorite section with Nikola the section lead, waiter Ben and junior waiter Danjay. The food was delicious and didn't disappoint. We only ate at the buffet twice and it was good. The staff were always pleasant and boy do they work hard. I appreciated the way we had to wash our hands at the buffet. We saw the comedian, the magician (2 shows) and the Motown review. All were entertaining. We also did the Voice of the Ocean tryouts and finals. The culinary show was fun and the tour of the kitchen amazing. Ports: Ketchikan- we did the totem pole your and lumberjack show. Finding the guide was easy and disembarkation was flawless. The tour was really good and our guide was interesting. The lumberjack show was entertaining and corny and something I wouldn't do again. Tracy Arm fjord - the naturalist provided dialogue as we traveled here. Breathtaking. Jeaneau- My parents did the state park excursion, saw a bear and loved it. They also did the tram. I did the kayaking excursion. I thought we would be closer to the glacier ,but the kayaking was a lot of fun with eagles and seals part of the sights viewed. Skagway- lovely historical town and we enjoyed the historical buildings and markers. We took the train tour and the views and smells were amazing. Victoria- beautiful Port City. We didn't do any excursions but chose to walk to the center of town and shuttle back. Seattle- sadly the trip had to come to an end. Disembarkation was flawless and the port offers a service to check your bags to the final destination. So we put our suitcases out on Saturday night and the next time we saw them was at baggage claim at home. I would go again in an instant. Princess did a wonderful job to make sure we had a memorable experience. I'm sure I could find things to nit-pick but honestly I'm not sure what it would be. Thanks Princess for an amazing time.

Amazing Alaska

Star Princess Cruise Review by smoore7747

• Sail Date: August 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony

Our steward was Melvin who kept the room clean and was friendly.

Ports:

smoore7747’s Full Rating Summary
Get Star Princess price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MD D706
Room was large with lots of space and hangers in the closet. I slept on the pull out couch and it was comfortable. The pillows are wonderful.
Dolphin Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins