3. Avalon Poetry II
I chose this cruise because of the interactive events, Bike Riding, hiking, wine tasting in a cave, wine tasting and hiking, wine tasting and bike riding, helicopter ride over the South of France visiting the enchanting port cities along the Rhone River. Also because of the ship size there was an intimate # of guests on the cruise. I met some really incredible people I know call friends. The off ship excursions were wonderful. Experiencing activities that I would not have access to with out being on this marvelous cruise. Bike Riding to the Salt Marshes and viewing the Birds in the Sanctuary there. Bike riding to Pont du Gard then wine tasting, Kayaking and canoeing was so refreshing! Visiting the Chateau Montmfia, taking a tour of their facilities and seeing the surrounding countryside was magical. Hiking up Le Hermitage and more wine tasting, Chateau Pont de nuef and more wine tasting, Hiking into an underground cave and more wine tasting!! Having the opportunity to paint in the Van Gogh style in a studio in Arles was as if i was channeling my inner child. Traveling through the locks on the Rhone with our Captain was a remarkable feat! The food on the ship was delicious and there was always a varied selection. The service was outstanding, the staff would not let you lift a finger. They say to our every need. They were all very friendly and genuine. Our cabin was very comfortable and had full sliding windows so we could enjoy the view while sailing. Our room was always put in order and the beds turned down when we wished to retire. For these reasons and many more I would go again and highly recommend Avalon Cruises. Thank you for such a memorable visit!!

The enchanting cruise up the Rhone!!

Avalon Poetry II Cruise Review by Louise Kenitzer

• Sail Date: August 2019
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Outside Stateroom with French Balcony

Louise Kenitzer’s Full Rating Summary
Get Avalon Poetry II price drops

Outside Stateroom with French Balcony
Cabin B 219
The cabin was really nice. I was impressed by the size of the bathroom, not cramped at all.
The beds were very comfortable. I loved that the windows opened all the way so we could enjoy the scenery as we sailed. Zonka did a marvelous job of having our room always neat and tidy. It was wonderful after a long day of wine tasting and activities to be able to drop into bed as it was always turned down and ready for slumber when we were.
Sapphire Deck Balcony Cabins

• Arles
    Arles is a beautiful town. Fascinating history. Van Gogh Museum is here. We painted in the style of Van Gogh in an art studio in the old town
    View All 83 Arles Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Arles Cruise Port Review
  • Beaujolais Vineyards
    We took the vineyard route passing many chateaux and villages enjoying a landscape of hillsides and valleys. We tasted some of the most wonderful Beaujolais at the beautiful Chateau de Montelas, built in the 1200s. We took a tour of the facilities and had a wine tasting with the Duchess de Montelas.
    View All 28 Beaujolais Vineyards Reviews
  • Vieux Lyon (Old Lyon)
    Wonderful tour. Walked up 1000 steps saw the largest murals covering the entire sides of buildings. Walked through the Trouboules, passageways the silk trade used to get their silk to the ships quickly. Passed through beautiful court yards and narrow hallways.
    View All 26 Vieux Lyon (Old Lyon) Reviews