3. Carnival Sensation
I was on the Sensation many many years ago. There was a sale I couldn't pass up. Cost for both my husband and I 377.00 with a 100.00 OBC for an inside room. I did get a call the night before because I am platinum that they had an ocean view no charge for us so I took it. I forgot about the fantasy ship purple and brass. Carnival really needs to do something when they do refurbishments they need to make more changes. The pool area was ugly. Maybe I am spoiled but I do not like the mega ships so I have cruised many times on sunshine ( my favorite ), Dream and others. I did fly down from CT I did spend money to get the ship so it wasn't that cheap when I added everything in. Our cabin was m39 and our room steward was awesome!! Our room was nice and cold and always clean. FYI no hair dryer. I forgot to bring mine. Sea days were boring. I am not into bingo , art sales etc. I spent all my time on the serenity area. Way too many kids for one small pool on the lido deck. They need more umbrella's . They only had 4 the first row and after that good luck. It was so hot we used the shower to cool off. If we went into the hot tub we went in early and sat in the shaded part. Food was the worst ever. Pizza , I would not even call it that. I loved it on the the other carnival cruises I have no clue what happened here. I had a grilled cheese at the deli and my bread wasn't even grilled. Dining room only item worth eating was the braised beef, and some of the soups. We did the buffet twice and at least we can maybe find a couple of items. The desserts were lacking at the buffet at night most were diet desserts. The water tasted like water that came out of garden hose. I was so upset not to enjoy any meals. Guys burger too much paprika on the fries and the burger was just okay. Crew staff was always smiling and I thought the ship was kept very clean . Now, the entertainment was awesome, this is what saved my trip. Deon the CD was terrific. Don't miss his trivia nights in the atrium lobby. He sings and dances and gets the crowd going. Just June the comedian was great. We went to all of her shows and the shows at the main theater were actually very good. Casino very smokey and small. Not many places to just chill inside and people watch. Just the main strip near the casino and coffee cafe. They didn't hound the people much for pictures so that was a plus. If they made some major cosmetic changes ( pool area, serenity, and upped their food I would try it again. I like the fact that it's a small ship.

Old ship that needs to redone

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by lfresa

Crew staff was always smiling and I thought the ship was kept very clean .

lfresa’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Sensation price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6E m39
Cabin was clean old cold just how I like it. No hairdryer and one of the first bathrooms that didn't flood when you took a shower.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins