3. Norwegian Breakaway
I have been on 7 cruises on different lines and this was my first NCL experience. The reason I chose this line is because of the free airfare, free adult beverage package, free soda package and free 250 minutes of Wi-Fi. The embarkation process was great. You did not have to wait long to be processed and get onboard. I think if this was my first cruise ever, I may have been more impressed but there were certain things that I just did not like. We did not meet our cabin steward until the last night which was very odd because when we would go on Royal they would introduce themselves the first day and ask you about your preferences with the room. The Garden Grill which had the buffet was strangely laid out. Everything was in a long line which made it difficult to get around the crowds when getting breakfast. We liked to eat dinner in The Manhattan Room which was so beautiful. There was music every night and couples dancing during dinner. The food was good and some nights it was exceptional. We did have dinner 2 nights in Taste and Savor because we did not want to get dressed up and they will allow you to wear shorts (The Manhattan Room will not). We made a reservation at Shanghai Noodle Bar for one night and it was well worth it! Food was amazing and the staff was super friendly. We had 4 ports and 4 shore excursions. In Roatan we went on the Jolly Roger catamaran snorkeling and it was the best excursion of our trip! Not only was the snorkeling great but the crew made the trip very fun and the lunch was tasty. In Belize we went snorkeling again and was very disappointed based on what we had encountered the day before. The boat was very small to hold the 45 people they squeezed onboard. In Costa Maya we did the Segway tour which was a lot of fun and we got to relax on the beach for a short period of time. Our last excursion was Playa Mia beach. Very relaxing which was needed after the active days we had prior. The drink prices are overwhelming with a can of coke at $4.00. I traveled with 2 16 year old (boy and girl) and they enjoyed the cruise but were not into the teen club so they would walk around trying to find things to do. My son would go to the basketball court but was not too fond of it because the net was tilted forward and with the wind, he would take a shot and it would go sideways. Disembarkation is what it is on all cruise lines. You wait around forever for Customs to clear the ship and then everyone rushes to get to buses and taxis to get to the airport. Overall: The ship looked dated. The staff was average. The ports and excursions were good. The food was good. The cabins were clean. Next cruise, I will go back to Royal Caribbean!

First NCL Cruise...maybe last

daythomas’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Family Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B2 12218
We had a great view with no obstructions. The balcony is very small with only 2 people being able to sit. We had a couch and a bed that pulled down from the wall so there was ample space for sleeping. Closet is in a very odd spot on the side of the couch so you cannot stand in front of it to get to your clothes. Storage was good with our luggage going under the beds.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins