3. Celebrity Silhouette
I took a Transatlantic cruise with Celebrity Silhouette in April 2019, stopping in the Bahamas, Bermuda and Lisbon on the way. It was my first cruise on Celebrity and my first Transatlantic crossing and I loved it. Celebrity Silhouette was beautiful, elegant and very well-designed. I was impressed with the cleanliness throughout the ship. The service was also great and consistent. My balcony stateroom on the 8th deck was spacious and comfortable, with unobstructed views to the sea although I had reserved 'guaranteed balcony' only. Most of the clientele were older, well-travelled, people, with very few children onboard. I loved that! It never felt crowded anywhere and disembarkation at ports was reasonably well-organised as well. I took the cruise as I needed transportation, rather than a holiday, so I participated in only a fraction of the entertainment, dining and drinking opportunities on offer, but I felt like I got my money’s worth. I purchased an unlimited Wi-Fi package before the cruise which worked beautifully, even in the middle of the Atlantic. The weather was fine for most of the trip. I was seasick for half a day (out of 13) so not too bad. The highest waves (16 feet) were encountered in the Bay of Biscay in Europe. I did not try any of the speciality restaurants but, as a vegetarian, loved the food at the Oceanview Cafe buffet. It was varied, fresh and tasty. The Indian food, in particular, was excellent. There was also a separate vegetarian menu in the Grand Cuvee Dining Room and I enjoyed all the meals I had there. I also used room service every day and loved the convenience of it. I went to see a couple shows which were fine but I am not an expert on onboard entertainment as it is not a priority for me. My only negative remark would be about the constant upselling onboard which was a bit of an annoyance. There is absolutely no need to spend extra cash on the cruise to be able to enjoy it. I certainly didn't. The port calls were fine although quite short, with half a day only in Nassau and Lisbon. I cannot comment on Celebrity’s shore excursions as I didn’t go on any, preferring to organise my own programs instead. All in all, I very much enjoyed the cruise and have already booked another Transatlantic journey, this time with more port calls along the way. I have published a detailed cruise diary, with plenty of photos, on my blog ´Hopping Around the Globe in Style´ with lots of details and additional information.

Wonderful Transatlantic cruise